Jamie Redknapp, Last Season, Title

coulsonblue

Is this the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard?

"He was sent off for Manchester City at Arsenal and betrayed his team-mates with an outrageous act of petulance," explained Redknapp in the Daily Mail. "If Manchester United had gone about their business in their normal professional manner, that would have been the single most significant moment that cost Manchester City the title. Instead, he is a champion - thanks mainly to the efforts of his team-mates while he was suspended"

Regardless of where you stand with regards to the particular player. A sending off in the 90th minute of a game that was essentially over could not be something anyone could possibly believe was costly.

The argument that we were better without him in a way contradicts his argument.

Redknapp surely the most clueless pundit out there. Even Hansen knocks him into the shade.

If it is about Balotelli then he has a point. After that game our situation was looking very grim.

Ray78 said:
If it is about Balotelli then he has a point. After that game our situation was looking very grim.
How? How did a 90th minute red card affect the game?

Let's have it right, pretty Jamie is there to attract bored housewives to watch the footy.

And I am so sick and tired of hearing that this match or that match decided the title particularly re the Everton comeback

City 3 QPR 2 decided the title

SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:

The Arsenal game was the turning point, I remember the meltdown on here after that game.

Ray78 said:
If it is about Balotelli then he has a point.

How though?

His point is Player X is sent off in the 90th minute of game 32, is suspended for games 33-35, City win the next 5 games, but in game 38 draw/lose.

The cause of this failure is the red card for Player X in the 90th minute of game 32, which was already lost.

If balotelli hadn't have been sent off then we wouldn't have won the title. It forced Mancini to start tevez and aguero up front. The next two games we won 4-0 and 6-1. This led to the greatest title come back in history.

Ray78 said:
SWP's back said:
Ray78 said:

The Arsenal game was the turning point, I remember the meltdown on here after that game.
Yes it was and I was the mos guilty. But how did Balotelli cost his team in that game as Jamie the **** Head states?

davymcfc said:
If balotelli hadn't have been sent off then we wouldn't have won the title. It forced Mancini to start tevez and aguero up front. The next two games we won 4-0 and 6-1. This led to the greatest title come back in history.

I don't agree with this point.

However, the fact that lots of people have made it and pertinently, Redknapp uses this (about the hard work of team mates making him a champion), throws cold water on any claims that the red card could be blamed for a failure.

If his suspension was a good thing? How can it also be a bad thing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.