Jan Vertonghen

Dax how would you compare him to Hummels?

Everyone talks about Silva and Hummels on the top tier, then Vertonghen on the next tier. The only one of these three I'm truly sold on is Silva, mainly because he has few if any question marks remaining.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=248423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=248423</a>

Any chance of a merge please Mods?

Blue Haze said:

Everyone talks about Silva and Hummels on the top tier, then Vertonghen on the next tier. The only one of these three I'm truly sold on is Silva, mainly because he has few if any question marks remaining.
I think Hummels is better. But I truly don't think we can get either Hummels or Silva so long as their teams continue to make the CL. This is why I don't participate in the "get X player, that plays for Y team that is also CL material."

Why would Dortmund sell Hummels? They don't need the money, he is perhaps one of their top 3 players, he is a German international. So to solidify his position as a starter, he wants to be seen weekly when possible. Sure, I'd take him over Vertonghen. But we simply wouldn't get him for less than 27 - 33 million. He is a defender, and I think it is wasteful to spend that kind of money on defenders. SIlva on the other hand, we have absolutely no chance of getting. It is like Bayern thinking they can get Kompany coz they think he is WC. No they can't get him! And we have no reason to want to sell him. Nor can we get the best player and Current defensive leader of Milan.

Hummels is a little more possible than SIlva. But both are highly unlikely. So I don't focus on those guys. Instead I look at the next level. Who is on the rise that might become one of the next great CD? And not who is already a great CD we can poach?

The above 2 will cost around 30 mil. Vertonghen may go for as low as 12 million. He has already said he will consider moving up to higher competition, and Ajax is a selling club.

This is why I focus on teams like Benfica, Porto, Udinese, Ajax, Montpellier, Valencia, Napoli, Villareal, Shalke, Hamburg. These are clubs with players who will move, and are willing to move to the next level.

When it comes to clubs like Barca, Real, United, Chelsea, City, Bayern, Milan, Inter e.t.c. It is the clubs who tend to want to get rid, not the other way around. So can someone explain why Bayern or Milan will want to get rid of Silva or Shweinsteiger? I just don't see it.

Dax777 said:
Blue Haze said:

I think Hummels is better. But I truly don't think we can get either Hummels or Silva so long as their teams continue to make the CL. This is why I don't participate in the "get X player, that plays for Y team that is also CL material."

Why would Dortmund sell Hummels? They don't need the money, he is perhaps one of their top 3 players, he is a German international. So to solidify his position as a starter, he wants to be seen weekly when possible. Sure, I'd take him over Vertonghen. But we simply wouldn't get him for less than 27 - 33 million. He is a defender, and I think it is wasteful to spend that kind of money on defenders. SIlva on the other hand, we have absolutely no chance of getting. It is like Bayern thinking they can get Kompany coz they think he is WC. No they can't get him! And we have no reason to want to sell him. Nor can we get the best player and Current defensive leader of Milan.

Hummels is a little more possible than SIlva. But both are highly unlikely. So I don't focus on those guys. Instead I look at the next level. Who is on the rise that might become one of the next great CD? And not who is already a great CD we can poach?

The above 2 will cost around 30 mil. Vertonghen may go for as low as 12 million. He has already said he will consider moving up to higher competition, and Ajax is a selling club.

This is why I focus on teams like Benfica, Porto, Udinese, Ajax, Montpellier, Valencia, Napoli, Villareal, Shalke, Hamburg. These are clubs with players who will move, and are willing to move to the next level.

When it comes to clubs like Barca, Real, United, Chelsea, City, Bayern, Milan, Inter e.t.c. It is the clubs who tend to want to get rid, not the other way around. So can someone explain why Bayern or Milan will want to get rid of Silva or Shweinsteiger? I just don't see it.
I agree here about Silva, never believed they'd let him go for any price.

Guess my point was, is there any guarantee that Vertonghen would beat out Lescott? Silva is the only guy in the bunch I see as a "we spent money that position is now settled" type player.

Blue Haze said:
Guess my point was, is there any guarantee that Vertonghen would beat out Lescott? Silva is the only guy in the bunch I see as a "we spent money that position is now settled" type player.

With Man C competing in so many competitions, I do feel there's need for some backup in CB position, if only to be able to give some players a break every once in a while. Savic might not be up for it yet, maybe Kolo, but he doesn't seem too happy anymore and might consider a move?

Dax777 said:
Blue Haze said:

Dax, noticed you gave Montpellier a mention, and a player im watching at the moment is Mbiwa, a CB at the club, i've only seen him once in the last month against Lyon, but he stood out for me, and the guy is an absolute beast. Say JV wasn't available, i would like your opinion if youd be happy with Mbiwa?

Saw the game at old trafford and i have to say i was impressed by vertonghen,there was a certain calmness about him that i admired and was good on the ball and defended well.And i don't think he bombs out of defence to often.By the way roberto mancini was also at the game for some reason maybe for scouting purposes or what not so fingers crossed.

Heard a lot about Jan Vertonghen, here's hoping that our back line is going to get a boost in the summer with the above, could it be the final piece in the jigsaw or are we to expect other defensive signings????.................

I think he could be a possible target for us, the move would make a lot of sense to me.

Harry was there last night but would have probably been there anyway as we do play Utd fairly soon.

Our CB position is a strange one, we can go from full strength to bare bones in a day, if King's knee swells up and Gallas has another muscle issue then we're down to Dawson and Kaboul. I think Kaboul is a class centre back, and whilst Dawson gives everything and puts his body on the line I don't think he offers the same kind of quality, experience and calmness that King and Gallas do. Without wanting to put too much expectation on his shoulders Caulker looks like he could be King's successor, but may need another solid season in the premiership before being ready.

If Jan came to us whenever King and Gallas were injured (which is likely to be pretty often) he'd get a chance to fill in at CB alongside Kaboul, and would cement that position when they both retire, and until then, he'd be providing cover at left back (which we do need) and DM, he'd get plenty of games.

Three birds with one stone and would hopefully be fairly cheap as well with the contract situation, it would be a pretty savy move. If we got him in for around 10m and Hoilett on a free, we'd have sorted out a bunch of our squad issues without spending too much. Then it's only the striker situation to sort out, and who knows what the fucks going to happen there?

spurspinter1 said:
I think he could be a possible target for us, the move would make a lot of sense to me.

Harry was there last night but would have probably been there anyway as we do play Utd fairly soon.

Our CB position is a strange one, we can go from full strength to bare bones in a day, if King's knee swells up and Gallas has another muscle issue then we're down to Dawson and Kaboul. I think Kaboul is a class centre back, and whilst Dawson gives everything and puts his body on the line I don't think he offers the same kind of quality, experience and calmness that King and Gallas do. Without wanting to put too much expectation on his shoulders Caulker looks like he could be King's successor, but may need another solid season in the premiership before being ready.

If Jan came to us whenever King and Gallas were injured (which is likely to be pretty often) he'd get a chance to fill in at CB alongside Kaboul, and would cement that position when they both retire, and until then, he'd be providing cover at left back (which we do need) and DM, he'd get plenty of games.

Three birds with one stone and would hopefully be fairly cheap as well with the contract situation, it would be a pretty savy move. If we got him in for around 10m and Hoilett on a free, we'd have sorted out a bunch of our squad issues without spending too much. Then it's only the striker situation to sort out, and who knows what the fucks going to happen there?

No doubt you will use all the tricks in the book to get him for peanuts then hardly play him and ask for 20m for him in a couple of years. Horrible club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.