January is fast approaching

royle said:
sam-caddick said:
BlueJill said:

I have a slight feeling that the contract renewal that he signed last month was just a transfer fee booster! City know they could get £20m for him now. I like Johnson, class act but if Mancini feels its time to go im putting faith in the manager!

How does upping his wage boost his transfer fee? Surely having him on a low wage would make him easier to shift,any buying club will look at the transfer fee plus his increased wage and think twice.

Have you met Kenny Daglish?<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 pm --<br /><br />I do think it is really interesting that last year at this time we knew Dzeko was coming. Lot of back and forth stories in the press, but it was pretty clear what was going to happen. This year, there is not consensus.

The club has done a nice job of fixing their leaks.

royle said:
How does upping his wage boost his transfer fee? Surely having him on a low wage would make him easier to shift,any buying club will look at the transfer fee plus his increased wage and think twice.

To seriously answer your question. It doesn't make it easier but it does ensure that the club gets a good fee. The player agrees to it because it means he will be guaranteed a good wage. The longer the contract, the bigger the transfer fee for the selling club.

For someone like AJ (English, highly sought after by English clubs) it can work. Not saying he will be sold, but I don't see a contract extension as a deal killer. Be interesting to see what kind of time he gets in the next week or two. If he gets none (or very little) I would assume he is being protected (much like we did with Ade last year) until the window opens.

We don't have that many UK or homegrown academy players we can afford to sell a useful player that is in that category imho.

1st team squad (8) - Hart, Taylor, Richards, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Milner, A. Johnson

Qualifying Kids (3?) - Guidetti, Boyata, Razak (maybe some more?)

Likely to Leave anyway (5) - Cunningham, Onuoha, Hargreaves, M. Johnson, Weiss

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we can get Tevez out on a permanent deal, the bean-counters might let Bobby do some business.

One, perhaps, two.

Curb your enthusiasm.

And so it begins.

Tevez Out = Lavezzi in

&

Curb Your Enthusiasm > Larry David> David De Rossi.

Thanks Tolmie, off to the bookies to spend the kids Christmas money :P

bluetonium said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If we can get Tevez out on a permanent deal, the bean-counters might let Bobby do some business.

One, perhaps, two.

Curb your enthusiasm.

And so it begins.

Tevez Out = Lavezzi in

&

Daniele's brother?

Tricky_Trev said:
bluetonium said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

One, perhaps, two.

Curb your enthusiasm.

And so it begins.

Tevez Out = Lavezzi in

&

Daniele's brother?

Yup, exactly. Tangent time on the boards... January almost here... silly season almost upon us...

If we can unload Herman and a few of the others like Ned, Bridge, Ade, we may well be able to bring in circa 40mil.

Would think that might mean we could bring a couple in, Hazard and De Rossi would be nice.

Heard,a few times we have been looking at mats hummels,not from anyone I would say is
Itk,if true could it mean the end of kolo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.