january: is that the tactic?

blue wang

i know mancini doesnt think that way....here me out.

the board knows none of the big guns will be up for it in jan,,, platini will finally wake up from his slumber.

psg already made a stament.

chelsea will do what they do , which is whatever ebromivich decides.

Put those punters out and we can dictate the market at that time.

i think we got the squad to carry us till Jan, and then act decisively with a good 70 mil and it could be a truelly evolutionary tactic.

You can see a mile off, khaldoon is a cool customer. he has ice in his veins.. i would not put this it past hthe chairman. I think we will only make 1 signing to please mancini thats it.

What you think? penies,nickels and dimes for the thoughts

Hydemcfc said:
Very Very difficult to buy top class players in the January window.

has anyone gone truelly gone agressive in the jan window?

i mean you plant the seeds now and in jan you come with a fat fuck wallet,,, cold economics!

sure it could fluster a few feathers.

I think if we don't spend now it will have to wait until next summer as the problems that seem to be holding us back will only be solved then - contracts of every freeloader expiring except Adebayor. And also if Kolo and De Jong dig their heels in, their contracts will also expire next summer so we'd have a huge load off the wage bill and be able to spend more.

LoveCity said:
I think if we don't spend now it will have to wait until next summer as the problems that seem to be holding us back will only be solved then - contracts of every freeloader expiring except Adebayor. And also if Kolo and De Jong dig their heels in, their contracts will also expire next summer so we'd have a huge load off the wage bill and be able to spend more.

dont want to be a harbinger of bad news, if we get of to a slow start . Qestions are gonna be asked and solutions would need to be forth coming

IMO

1)January transfer window is the hardest window to get anything done.
2) Players who have families have to change schools for the kids and countries in a short space of time.
3) If convincing people to come to Manchester in summer is difficult this will not be made any easier in the middle of winter.
4) Fees are normally inflated because of time constraints so if we are worrying about FFPR now this will increase in January.
5) It is easier to buy than sell, if we have sold the players we want in the summer why wait till January.
6) If we wait till january and get injuries within first five games before players really get match fit it is a long time to wait to get the re inforcements in.
7) Rather have everything concluded now than have only half of it done.
8) Buying a player even at the end of the window means by October probably reasonably integrated with squad buying in January means you may have to rush them into the team especially with ACON when they aren't ready. You are getting close to the business end of the season.
9) All CL group games are played before window opens rather have the full squad to get out of groups, we wait till January may not be in knock out phase.

Rammyblues said:
IMO

1)January transfer window is the hardest window to get anything done.
2) Players who have families have to change schools for the kids and countries in a short space of time.
3) If convincing people to come to Manchester in summer is difficult this will not be made any easier in the middle of winter.
4) Fees are normally inflated because of time constraints so if we are worrying about FFPR now this will increase in January.
5) It is easier to buy than sell, if we have sold the players we want in the summer why wait till January.
6) If we wait till january and get injuries within first five games before players really get match fit it is a long time to wait to get the re inforcements in.
7) Rather have everything concluded now than have only half of it done.
8) Buying a player even at the end of the window means by October probably reasonably integrated with squad buying in January means you may have to rush them into the team especially with ACON when they aren't ready. You are getting close to the business end of the season.
9) All CL group games are played before window opens rather have the full squad to get out of groups, we wait till January may not be in knock out phase.

all great points,

put the thread to bed... but you cant quite rule it out if the market is right . i mean psg is out there and people know we need a signing. inflation is at about 30-40% at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.