january signings

Jack Wills said:
I thought this was the forum to discuss transfers not pick up on typos or count how many posts people make! What do people think is wrong, why not try for fellaini or lampard, or any other decent proven players? We went backwards in last transfer window, now we could try and make up for that and give the rags a fight to keep our title.

i`m with touchy on this part

Jack Wills said:
I thought this was the forum to discuss transfers not pick up on typos or count how many posts people make! What do people think is wrong, why not try for fellaini or lampard, or any other decent proven players? We went backwards in last transfer window, now we could try and make up for that and give the rags a fight to keep our title.

It's also a place full of fantasy football fans.

TCIB said:
Jack Wills said:

It is a bit, but the point he is making is correct. There is no place for standing still in football, particularly when you are champions.

We weakened in the Summer, letting our rivals strengthen. You can't buy everyone, of course, but I think we do need a buy or to, of quality. If not, Mancini needs to begin to get the very best out of the players we have- they are good enough, but he isn't getting the best out of them, plus we have injuries.

People are kidding themselves if they think our young players are good enough to break in, they simply aren't, yet. They are good, but champions quality, not yet. Suarez really underwhelmed against Villa, but that was just one game.

dancity19 said:
TCIB said:
Jack Wills said:

It is a bit, but the point he is making is correct. There is no place for standing still in football, particularly when you are champions.

We weakened in the Summer, letting our rivals strengthen. You can't buy everyone, of course, but I think we do need a buy or to, of quality. If not, Mancini needs to begin to get the very best out of the players we have- they are good enough, but he isn't getting the best out of them, plus we have injuries.

People are kidding themselves if they think our young players are good enough to break in, they simply aren't, yet. They are good, but champions quality, not yet. Suarez really underwhelmed against Villa, but that was just one game.

I agree partly to your post but what you have to consider is that our targets are not available at this stage of the season. It is more complex than meeting the buy-out clause or putting in a bid.

Oh i agree with that Dan yeah, i'm not a transfer forum denouncer, it's just a fucker to gauge who's views to listen to.
Some get carried away with the "have a blip, buy everyone" mentality.

I don't mean that nastily to lads like Jack, but if say Akai said something in here then i would read it and take it in more, not that i don't listen to others either, just how much to take of what they say etc.

This forum always gets lively though and gives some decent popcorn moments.

popcorn

TCIB said:
Oh i agree with that Dan yeah, i'm not a transfer forum denouncer, it's just a fucker to gauge who's views to listen to.

I don't mean that nastily to lads like Jack, but if say Akai said something in here then i would read it and take it in more, not that i don't listen to others either, just how much to take of what they say etc.

popcorn

The only people on the transfer worth listening to are tolmie (and he doesn't post on here anymore) Danamy and love city as he somehow gets all the news first and posts links to it!

Everyone else's opinions on who's is good enough to play for city are meaningless.

Ray78 said:
dancity19 said:
TCIB said:

I agree partly to your post but what you have to consider is that our targets are not available at this stage of the season. It is more complex than meeting the buy-out clause or putting in a bid.

Agreed, and that does make buying in January very difficult. Someone has to accept responsibility for a poor, potentially disasterous summer window. We actually worsened our squad, rather than strengthened. My big question is, would we have followed the same philosophy had aguero hit the post. Were they the margins we were working with? Surely not.

The thing is, despite what I have said, we still have a good squad, and Mancini isn't getting the best out of them. But, with the amount of money spent on Garcia and Rodwell someone needs to have a look at what has gone on. Only half the season in, granted, but Garcia looks distinctly average, and Rodwell is permanently injured+ is he good enough anyway?

Sinclair just isn't getting a look in, and then the question has to be asked, why bother buying a player if the manager almost refuses to play him.

Would Lampard do a job for half a season- on current form I think he probably would. But certainly not a buy for the future, or in keeping with our new philosophy.

I just fear we are attempting revolution over evolution, which a poster alluded to on another thread. Our young players are a few years off being good enough, and a lot of the players we are linked with are not at the Aguero/Silva/Toure level either yet.

Mayor West said:
TCIB said:

popcorn

The only people on the transfer worth listening to are tolmie (and he doesn't post on here anymore) Danamy and love city as he somehow gets all the news first and posts links to it!

Everyone else's opinions on who's is good enough to play for city are meaningless.

ok thanks

Cant see any January signings apart from someone like Will Hughes or Paulinho. Villa would have been a good short term option but it looks like Barce wont sell.

Summer though my wish is - Walcott (out of contract), Fellaini, Falcao, Young versatile CB, Paulinho/Fernandinho and maybe Isco.

Dzeko, Balotelli, Lescott, Kolo, Sinclair, Maicon, Bridge, Johnson, Santa Cruz possibly Kolarov leaving

Net spend wouldn't be that high and our squad would be complete for the considerable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.