January Transfer Window Potential Targets?

I think it'll be a very quiet transfer window for us, The team are 'still gelling' and I don't think there are many players out there that are available AND better then the squad. The main position where we are lacking is left midfield.
I don't think Ribery will come to us, I think he would rather go to Chelski because they are in a more prominent position for champions league next year (unless he is greedy and accepts the over inflated wages he'll demand for coming to us).
If (when) we get in the top 4 at the end of the season then the bargaining chip will be much greater to get the higher class of player, Hughes has already said he's not going to settle for the 'B' list players and if none of the 'A' list are available (he has also said he won't be drawn into 'over inflated prices again) then I doubt we'll get anyone in Jan.
One last thing, great players who play for football and not money will only come when we are a big club, and I affraid we're not...not yet anyway. When we get into the Champions League then players will start to come for footballing reasons.

Would be awesome at City - could you imagine??

Vill and Torres - Gerrard would be great also - in my dreams!

-----------Given--------------
XXXX---XXXX---XXXX----XXXX
-----De Jong-----Ireland------
-----------Robinho------------
Villa------Adebayor-----Torres-

I'm not pretending to be an "in the know" but a Talk Sport radio presenter over here floated the idea that City might go back for Kaka in January. He based it on the premise that Kaka isn't happy at Real, Real had to borrow a lot of money to buy the current team and City might be still interested. Cash bid of £80mill, wages of £250K a week might just tempt Real and Kaka. Shoot me down in flames if you wish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.