Japan

MCFCTrick

Team supported
Citeh
The band, Japan. Ok, everyone remembers them for their early 80's 'arty' music and image, David Sylvian etc. (Mick Karn had great sounding fretless bass in those days)
But, does anybody remember their early, New York Doll/Trash/Glam image? 'Adolescent Sex' era? If so, can you help settle an argument? I clearly remember that they supported Hard Rock mega-band, Blue Oyster Cult, at The Free Trade Hall, would've been around 1978? But couple of mates reckon it's a figment of my imagination, or too much naughty stuff from those days has addled my brain. I am SURE it happened?!

It would appear that Japan DID support Blue Oyster Cult at the Free Trade Hall that year ........ if you look to the european (Free Trade Hall) leg of their tour , almost halfway down this link on April 28th , two people clearly back up your story.

http://www.hotrails.co.uk/history/1978.htm

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!! Thanks BM. JUst checked out those reviews. I KNEW it was THE Japan.
I did like both inarnations of them, but great to prove to doubting mates I wasn't that off my face at that gig all those years ago.

GREATMADMAN said:
I've been addicted to "Ghosts" recently, i dunno why, there's just something about that song...

Know they were a posy bunch, but thet did have some great songs. Both in their Glam days and later. Ghosts being one of them

david sylvian is still going (played the bridgewater hall last year) one of my best ever gigs was japan at the apollo 1980/81 - was not into the early new romnatic garbage that eventually suffocated them though ?

Mick Karn shagging Sylvian's missus was what finished them, lol!!
Saw Sylvian (with his brother, and Japan drummer, Steve Jansen) in Nottinham a few years back. Dull as dishwater, left halfway through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.