Japanese knot weed

mcfcfaz

Does anyone have any advice on restricting its movements,been battling for 3 years to get rid to no avail ,Thanks

gaudinho's stolen car said:
3 years and you've only just thought to come on bluemoon for advice?
I know but you must see how desperate i am .

-- Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am --

eshiers1 said:
i work for an environmental consultancy, we deal with JK on the railways mostly, i don't know much about it myself but i'll dig up some info for you over lunch!
Thank you that's much appreciated.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 am --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
There's a sign in Failsworth tip which says 'do not dispose of Japanese knotweed in this area'.
Is that of any use to you?
Absolutely not but i now have this information at my disposal ,just in case anyone wants to take knotweed to failsworth tip lol

I'm sorry to tell you, but there's probably nothing for it put to pull it all up, and keep pulling it up, you've got to get rid of every last little trace of it, if you don't it will keep coming back. It will take years to get rid of it as it is very tenacious stuff, good luck.

The main problem with Japanese knotweed is that as you are trying to dig it up you will get tiny traces on your clothes and especially shoes. You then transplant these back into the ground and they re grow.
If you look on the web the guys that professionally get rid of it are suited up like an astronaut for this very reason. I know the envoiroment agency say only regulated companies should remove it and it is a 3 year programme so if you go down this route it will cost shed loads.

Other than that I have not been much help !

bad stuff.

if its in leaf,cut it down to about 6inces above the ground using hand tools.

the stems are like bamboo,fill them up with neat roundup.

the waste either bag it up and take to an hazardous wast site or put it on a sheet let it dry out and burn it.doesnt take long to dry out.

the reason its hazardous waste is because of its ability to come back.

hence the use of hand tools etc.

it will come back no matter how careful you are.but do the same again and you will get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.