Japanese minimalism

frimpongs_buzzin

What are people’s thoughts on it? Too extreme for my liking but I can appreciate the freedom that comes with it.

for those who are wondering what I’m going on about, Minimalism is the art of living with only what you need, rather than normal western culture. E.G one pair of shoes instead of 20, 4 cups instead of 20 etc. Some Asians however have taken it to the extreme, and live with almost nothing. There’s one guy called Fumio Sasaki who has something like 52 items. He washes his body, hair, clothes and pots with the same soap.

64725d46d8cc902c101e9ddf9b00c83f.jpg

Are there any people on bluemoon that subscribe to the minimalist way of living? Less is more and all that.

One time at the Vancouver Art Gallery there was a Japanese minimalist exhibition and no shit it was about a dozen of these.
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery subtle shade differences but in reality the only variations were the size of the bloody things. On the way out i was gonna ask for a portion of my admission back as one gallery was empty, wife said don't you dare.
Robert-Ryman-Twin-1966.jpg

What are people’s thoughts on it? Too extreme for my liking but I can appreciate the freedom that comes with it.

for those who are wondering what I’m going on about, Minimalism is the art of living with only what you need, rather than normal western culture. E.G one pair of shoes instead of 20, 4 cups instead of 20 etc. Some Asians however have taken it to the extreme, and live with almost nothing. There’s one guy called Fumio Sasaki who has something like 52 items. He washes his body, hair, clothes and pots with the same soap.

Are there any people on bluemoon that subscribe to the minimalist way of living? Less is more and all that.
Bet he drives the neighbour crazy, borrowing something different every night. Buy your own f*ckin hammer ya cheap c*nt!

Pfft, fucking amateur. I only have one shoe, I hop one hop, change the shoe over and hop the next then repeat.

One time at the Vancouver Art Gallery there was a Japanese minimalist exhibition and no shit it was about a dozen of these.
Veeeeeeeeeeeeery subtle shade differences but in reality the only variations were the size of the bloody things. On the way out i was gonna ask for a portion of my admission back as one gallery was empty, wife said don't you dare.
Robert-Ryman-Twin-1966.jpg

Haha cheeky bastards, what a rip off

I'm fundamentally a minimalist, my wife's a hoarder, guess what my home is like :/

I'm an aspiring minimalist - but I find I buy new shoes when my old ones are tatty but they are not beyond use. Therefore I currently have circa 5 pairs of trainers (possibly more) - one in nearly new condition and 4+ in a well worn state.

Plus:
walking boots
golf shoes
football boots
dog walking boots
flip flops
cycling shoes
smart shoes black
smart shoes brown
casual shoes blue
casual shoes brown
casual shoes darker brown

I probably have over 20 pairs pairs of shoes if i dug them all out.

I'm fundamentally a minimalist, my wife's a hoarder, guess what my home is like :/

I think that dichotomy ultimately destroyed my own relationship...
I'd like in a glass box (um, with blinds/curtains) if I could. Hate clutter...but I agree you need a bit of stuff or you'll end up buying it/borrowing it anyway.
All that clutter (for me) ends up in your head...the tidier that is the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.