Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Rony say in an interview the other week that someone was in touch every week to talk about how things are going. I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if we didnt do not the same for all our loan players.

Not necessarily Vieira, but someone from the club should be letting all of these kids know that they're still important to us.

moomba said:
Didnt Rony say in an interview the other week that someone was in touch every week to talk about how things are going. I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if we didnt do not the same for all our loan players.

Not necessarily Vieira, but someone from the club should be letting all of these kids know that they're still important to us.

Yeah I remember something like that being said a while ago. The club will spend a lot of time monitoring the progress of players and keeping in contact with them. The last thing they want to do is make them feel like they're being shipped out and forgotten about. The loan watch feature on the OS is a good example of our young players being given weekly reviews. They will want to make sure players know they are appreciated at City and not risk losing them on the cheap to their loan club.

FantasyIreland said:
From another article,although I believe its the same 'interview'.......He also said this......

‘I haven’t spoken to Patrick Vieira or anyone at City but I hope they are happy with my progress'

which I find very strange,and concerning.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3039184/Celtic-without-Jason-Denayer-Champions-League-qualifiers-d-like-confirms-Ronny-Deila.html#ixzz3XMdPsgNA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3XMdPsgNA</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
One throw away comment taken out of god knows what context, you know better than to read anything into that.

FantasyIreland said:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/doubts-remain-over-denayers-immediate-future-but-his-ability-is-clear-for-all-to-see.123214014

Doubts remain over Denayer's immediate future but his ability is clear for all to see

Kevin Ferrie

Senior Sports Writer
Wednesday 15 April 2015

Youthful shyness, arrogant aloofness, second language communication and unwillingness to reveal too much about contract negotiations were all possible explanations for his reticence on being presented with the SPFL young-player-of-the-month award for March yesterday, but Jason Denayer's authoritative on-field displays have also spoken forcefully for themselves.

Still a teenager the Belgian central defender has even outshone fellow Low Countryman Virgil Van Dijk at club level while the Manchester City-loanee also helped his national team rise to an all-time high of fourth place in edging past the Dutch in the world rankings.

That international appearance perhaps offered an indicator of things to come as he came off the bench against Israel to help secure a one-nil win following the dismissal of Vincent Kompany, City's club captain and there is a sense that it is only a matter of time before he is recalled to The Etihad, for all that he sought to show his current employers due respect yesterday.

"I'm happy to win this award, I feel as though I had a good month. I also played for my national team and that helped me a lot," he was coaxed into saying.

"I feel that I have improved a lot from the start of the season, I'm a more mature player and my style of play is also different from when I first arrived.

"I am much better with aerial duals and that that type of thing. When I first came to Celtic I wasn't at the level that I am now.

"These aspects of my game have improved a lot. I'm also much better tactically but playing every week has been a massive benefit. Some of the strikers I come up against in Scotland are big and a bit different to what I have been used to but I have improved with every game.I only try to focus my mind on what is happening at Celtic and try to do my best for them.

"I always to give my best level for Celtic, that's what I need to do if I'm to reach the highest level in football."

That ultimately means playing alongside, if not edging out Kompany at both club and international level, but he has rightly received nothing but encouragement from his compatriot.

"He (Kompany) told me 'well done' and that I just had to keep going," said Denayer.

"I want to play at a big club and it's a dream to play at a big club but for now I just focus on Celtic. I don't think about playing for someone else at another club. I don't know if I'll be here next season.

"Moving to Celtic for the first season was the perfect thing for me to improve myself. After that, I don't know."

It is unfair to neither player nor club to note that implicit in those observations is that Celtic can only be a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the current climate and Denayer claims not to know if he will be there next season, while his current boss remains hopeful of keeping him but admits he return to Manchester for pre-season training, that there are no guarantees thereafter and that contingency planning is afoot.

"It would be a tough jump to go into matches at City," Ronnie Deila observed, after roundly praising every aspect of the youngster's game..

"He is a very ambitious boy and there is a lot of that when you are young... but I think patience is unbelievably important when you are young.

"He has played a lot of games here and if he does that even one more year then that would make him more ready for the next stage. If it was me, I would be more patient but I'm not in charge of that.

"We will see what happens but it is very hard just now. We will look for a central defender anyway, one maybe two."

Obviously Ronnie wants to keep him but wont find out if it is possible until the build up to next season. Probably dependant on if there is a new City manager or not. I would say Ronnie is preparing for life without him though as we are scouting centre backs currently. I just hope we don't lose Van Dyke as well because it will pretty damn near impossible to try and replace both.

JASON DENAYER is good enough to play for Real Madrid, according to a Belgian legend and former manager.

The Celtic defender, on-loan from Manchester City, will return to England at the end of the season, but Ronny Deila is hoping to take the classy stopper to Parkhead again next season.

Denayer won his first cap for Belgium last month after Vincent Kompany was sent off in Israel.

Lorenzo Staelens - who won 70 caps for Belgium and played in three World Cups, before managing Bruges - reckons Denayer is destined for the very top.

He said: "Jason Denayer is a diamond and will be the future of the Belgium defence for years to come.

"I remember when Vincent Kompany made his debut for Belgium and he was praised for his maturity, well Denayer looked even better.

"It's still too early to say he's the new Kompany.

"But when I see the likes of Raphael Varane playing for Real Madrid, Denayer is already at that level and will pass it in no time if he keeps developing.

"I see him very soon being at a club like Real Madrid."

Celltic fans on Jason:

Young player of the month for March. If it wasn't shite of the league to do so, he would get it every month, fs.

Would eat my own shite for a year to keep this boy, unreal talent.

Denayer is a special talent and I will look back and be glad he was here

never saw a kid so good at reading a situation

I honestly believe he's good enough to go on and play for any club in the world. His reading of the game and timing of the tackle is exceptional. The one slight negative for me is that he's maybe a few inches short for a commanding centre half, but hey, try telling Carles Puyol or Fabio Cannavaro that!

FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:
If we lose this lad, especially in a free transfer, I will be fuming.

The academy poster boy......I think we'll look after him.

Both him and Lopes could walk not our squad next season, to have those two to come through would be great press from the CFA and City in general.

The other lads in the academy will look at them and surely be inspired and hopeful for their future as well.

sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:
If we lose this lad, especially in a free transfer, I will be fuming.

The academy poster boy......I think we'll look after him.

Both him and Lopes could walk not our squad next season, to have those two to come through would be great press from the CFA and City in general.

The other lads in the academy will look at them and surely be inspired and hopeful for their future as well.

Exactly.....both those players perfectly exemplify the investment in our youth set up,it would be amazing to have both playing regular first team football.........to lose either(to anything other than a huge fee) would be a disaster,and a real blow to our philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.