Jason Manford's response to Trolls and such.

The Flash said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Correct please take it to the Transfer forum.

Just as a little FYI- it was not "having a go at each other"- it was actually one poster having a go at another. That poster (me) has now 'foe'd' him so can't see it happening again, but a quick read of the boards CoC would not go amiss for him I'd imagine.

Foe Fail.
Is this a CoCFF or a FFCoC just asking like

Bigga said:
Forgive me if I have the wrong 'comedian', but is this not the same Mr Manford that was lambasted for telling a 'Princess Di' not long after she passed away?? It caused a huge furore.

But, like I said, I apologise if I'm wrong...

I think you are (googled it to be sure haha), I remember Peter Kay doing a Jill Dando one at a BBC party though.

The internet is a wonderful thing because it gives all people equality and a forum in which to voice their opinion.

Unfortunately, the internet can also be a terrible thing because it gives all people equality and a forum in which to voice their opinion.

If you want the level of individual freedom we have on the internet then you have to take the rough with the smooth. We must accept that there are people out there with ignorant and occasionally vile opinions, but learn not to give them a soap box which gives their views even an ounce of credence. They are clearly a minority, but a minority that shouts louder than the rest... if you allow them to.

Manford clearly has his heart in the right place and it is difficult not to be personally affected by opinions like this, but by publicising their views like this he has allowed the abusers to win. Their opinion now holds some illusion of import which it didn't have when they were just a few lone idiots in a crowd.

The best way to deal with people like this is to overwhelm them with a weight of intelligent and measured thoughts and not repeat their views to be read again by others. The only reason to hold such an obviously repulsive view is to seek attention and by writing an article about them you're giving them exactly that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.