Javi Garcia (continued)

MihaiCity

bluemc1 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Misplaced one pass.

Other than that he was better than 8 other players today.

sorry mate but absolute bollocks

with all my respect blue but i think you watch another game than most of us he was ok except 1 or 2 misplaced passes

Other than getting caught sideways and left for dead at one point in the first half and that absolutely hideous attempt at a outside of the foot ball across our defence in the second, he did his job well today. Unfortunately there weren't many who started out there who could say the same

oakiecokie said:
bluemc1 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Misplaced one pass.

Other than that he was better than 8 other players today.

Its no more than the shite you`re coming out with.Ran his bollocks off today and was one of the players who could at least hold his head high.I`m not a lover of him, but fair play to the lad today.

stick me in fella ill run my bollocks off, as a footballer he is not good enough for City NEVER does a positive thing, like i say its 5 defenders with him, i have no idea of the answer but ill guess he is our only MF player without an assist this season, or goal ? might be wrong

Yes he may have not done as well as he has recently BUT for a large portion of the game he was the only defensive mid on. He was shielding them all himself.

bluemc1 said:
oakiecokie said:
bluemc1 said:

Its no more than the shite you`re coming out with.Ran his bollocks off today and was one of the players who could at least hold his head high.I`m not a lover of him, but fair play to the lad today.

stick me in fella ill run my bollocks off, as a footballer he is not good enough for City NEVER does a positive thing, like i say its 5 defenders with him, i have no idea of the answer but ill guess he is our only MF player without an assist this season, or goal ? might be wrong

I never suggested for one moment he was.However,having been at the game,I witnessed what was going on around him,which wasn`t pretty,but the lad showed far more promise than some of those who get far more playing time.He spent more time playing the game,unlike Toure who wanted to try and cause a problem with the ref all through the match instead of getting on and trying to pull us out of the shit.

oakiecokie said:
bluemc1 said:
oakiecokie said:

I never suggested for one moment he was.However,having been at the game,I witnessed what was going on around him,which wasn`t pretty,but the lad showed far more promise than some of those who get far more playing time.He spent more time playing the game,unlike Toure who wanted to try and cause a problem with the ref all through the match instead of getting on and trying to pull us out of the shit.

there was no one more vocal than me today shouting at Toure to stop fucking moaning and just get on with it but at KO i could fully understand why he was in the team due to what he offers us most of the time, the same with some of the others, i just dont understand Garcia being selected, if im missing something ok i hold my hands up but i will never see it im afraid, a player who does nothing but sit ? who was Wigans player who did that ? Sunderlands ? Wigan were the away team and they dont come with a player who will not offer anything ever going forward, dont get it sorry, for me he takes 20-30% of our game away

I am one of many who has been very critical of Garcia in the past because of his limited impact on the team he provides. We have had a sitting midfielder in DeJong who was amazing at breaking up play with strong presence and sliding tackles which endeared him to the fans (he was also a good laugh off the field). However he offered very little going forward. He was let go because Barry was a better option as he could play the sitting role, break up play, but also add tempo into tuning defense into attack with his range of passing and positional expertise. Unfortunately, for Barry, his age was against him for building a team around him for the future. Javi was brought in (last minute) to be a back up to Barry for last season. This year we have got Ferdy who is the same ability (if not better) than Barry, who can offer so much more. Yet we still have Garcia as the back up. Now Garcia, upto now has only shown very limited ability of just being a holding, sheilding midfielder, and never showed any willingness to turn defense into attack in a flash. He's been a Dejong without the aggression (or smiles). However, on Sunday I saw a little more adventure from Javi where on several occasions he was going looking for the ball off the defenders and trying to start attacking moves where this has never happened before. Play would usually pass him by in the transition from defense to attack.

My thoughts behind this is probably because Lescott playing (who isn't a footballing defender) was looking for a closer outlet, and Javi stepped up to the plate and started taking the ball and passed forward. There were a few wayward passes yes, but he wasn't alone there. I want to see more like this from Javi and see him getting involved more in the games. It's a start Javi, let's have some more

Graceyboy said:
I am one of many who has been very critical of Garcia in the past because of his limited impact on the team he provides. We have had a sitting midfielder in DeJong who was amazing at breaking up play with strong presence and sliding tackles which endeared him to the fans (he was also a good laugh off the field). However he offered very little going forward. He was let go because Barry was a better option as he could play the sitting role, break up play, but also add tempo into tuning defense into attack with his range of passing and positional expertise. Unfortunately, for Barry, his age was against him for building a team around him for the future. Javi was brought in (last minute) to be a back up to Barry for last season. This year we have got Ferdy who is the same ability (if not better) than Barry, who can offer so much more. Yet we still have Garcia as the back up. Now Garcia, upto now has only shown very limited ability of just being a holding, sheilding midfielder, and never showed any willingness to turn defense into attack in a flash. He's been a Dejong without the aggression (or smiles). However, on Sunday I saw a little more adventure from Javi where on several occasions he was going looking for the ball off the defenders and trying to start attacking moves where this has never happened before. Play would usually pass him by in the transition from defense to attack.

My thoughts behind this is probably because Lescott playing (who isn't a footballing defender) was looking for a closer outlet, and Javi stepped up to the plate and started taking the ball and passed forward. There were a few wayward passes yes, but he wasn't alone there. I want to see more like this from Javi and see him getting involved more in the games. It's a start Javi, let's have some more

"He's been a Dejong without the aggression (or smiles)." Agree with this, but take the aggression out of DeJong and he's half the player. Also, I think DeJong had better outlet passes than Garcia. For instance, in our title winning season, he played a role in two of our most critical goals - Yaya's strike at Newcastle and of course THE goal by Aguero. DeJong >> Garcia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.