Javi Garcia

taconinja said:
George Hannah said:
Milner may sign an extension if he sees himself as a candidate in CM and Garcia going would leave a vacancy. Solves a CL squad problem too.
I'm not going to lie. The idea of Milner starting in central midfield against say Real Madrid or some team of elite quality terrifies me.

Edit: And I like Milner, but not in central midfield with the system we play.

Milner can do a job in midfield if he's playing alongside the right players.

He won't be compatible with Fernandinho but would easily be able to play alongside Toure or Fernando Reges.

mastermind said:
taconinja said:
George Hannah said:
Milner may sign an extension if he sees himself as a candidate in CM and Garcia going would leave a vacancy. Solves a CL squad problem too.
I'm not going to lie. The idea of Milner starting in central midfield against say Real Madrid or some team of elite quality terrifies me.

Edit: And I like Milner, but not in central midfield with the system we play.

Milner can do a job in midfield if he's playing alongside the right players.

He won't be compatible with Fernandinho but would easily be able to play alongside Toure or Fernando Reges.
Fernando maybe. I stress "maybe" because we haven't seen Fernando play for us yet. He would get us destroyed beside Toure. And you really want someone doing a job as you say against Real Madrid or Bayern Munich?

Garcia was playing as a centre back more often than not in the running, sitting back between the two starting centre backs as the wing backs got forward. Palace was the best example of this, it allowed Zab to be more proactive and intercept in midfield.

I'm not sure who else we have that could play the 3rd centre back as well.

Corky said:
Garcia was playing as a centre back more often than not in the running, sitting back between the two starting centre backs as the wing backs got forward. Palace was the best example of this, it allowed Zab to be more proactive and intercept in midfield.

I'm not sure who else we have that could play the 3rd centre back as well.
correct,i think yaya could do that job but that would be a waste of talent,when we have possession,our center backs split,garcia sits just in front in the middle,as you say leaving our wingbacks to go forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.