Jehovah's Witnesses

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

MCFCTrick said:
Can't recall them ever bombing anywhere in the name of their sky fairy, or demanding we bend over backwards to accommodate their cult, so no problem with them....

No one even suggested that.

Jehovahs witnesses are no harm, however, if they come knocking on my door pleading for me to listen or read their book, and they don't take a polite "no" without continuing, then I consider it fair game for a right good old telling off.

I'm usually happy to talk to these sorts of people as I relish the opportunity. They soon regret knocking on my door.

If you want to get rid of them, I found a good way a few months back when a couple came to my door. I told them that I was keen to speak with them but was about to head out, and so I asked the lady for her address so that I could come to her house and continue the discussion. She replied "Sorry, I'm not comfortable giving out my home address", to which I asked "So it's OK for you to come to my house and disturb me, but it's not OK for me to come to your house and disturb you?".

I can't imagine that they'd ever have a good answer for that.

i remember 30 years ago when i was decorating my new house a jehova's witness knocked on my door, i opened the door and thought WOW, early 30's and fit, so chatted to her, following week she called again with her 15 year old daughter she was fit too ( i was 22 ) so rather fancied my chances with the mother, however as the conversation turned to the bible and god and his kindness, i think i fucked my chances up a bit when i started talking about believing in darwins theory and dinosaurs, and not being a subtle person went onto adam and eve and told them how incestuous it was for them to have 3 sons and asked the question how the human race grew if eve was the only female with 4 males ? i got the feeling they were in a bit of a rush and funny enough never saw them again, and like others have seen jw's around but they never knocked on my door, strange that.

They come round to my lane every now and then. They talk for 5 minutes and hand me a 'Watch Tower' and f*ck off.

They've never asked me for anything and I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about to be honest.

Just tell them you would love to talk but you are too busy folding all those Scientology pamphlets.

See the fuckers run for the hills

i'm an agnostic,so just don't give a shit...

Gets me that even over here, they wear a shirt and tie. I've seen them on bikes with little backpacks and cycle helmets wearing shirts, ties and trews. Even in the baking heat. I mean ffs why the dress code? Are you not a genuine Jw without shirts and pants?

paphos-mcfc said:
Gets me that even over here, they wear a shirt and tie. I've seen them and Corky on bikes with little backpacks and cycle helmets wearing shirts, ties and purple trews. Even in the baking heat. I mean ffs why the dress code?

northstander said:
i remember 30 years ago when i was decorating my new house a jehova's witness knocked on my door, i opened the door and thought WOW, early 30's and fit, so chatted to her, following week she called again with her 15 year old daughter she was fit too ( i was 22 ) so rather fancied my chances with the mother, however as the conversation turned to the bible and god and his kindness, i think i fucked my chances up a bit when i started talking about believing in darwins theory and dinosaurs, and not being a subtle person went onto adam and eve and told them how incestuous it was for them to have 3 sons and asked the question how the human race grew if eve was the only female with 4 males ? i got the feeling they were in a bit of a rush and funny enough never saw them again, and like others have seen jw's around but they never knocked on my door, strange that.
You didn't enquire about the possibility of them calling back the following year for a wild, debauched threesome?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.