Jeremy Helan

LoveCity said:
If you have a straight choice between Helan and Nuhu then I think it's going to be Helan. The level of the Norwegian league is so low (no offence to any Norwegians on here) as shown by Mohammed Abu being one of the best players in the league then going on to fail in 2. Bundesliga and La Liga loans, and struggling for game time in Ligue 1 now (got his first 90 minutes this weekend since joining Lorient on loan in January).

Though personally I don't think either of them will be promoted next season even if we sell Kolarov. We'll have a stronger emphasis on youth promotion now but only if they're proven to be of a high standard. Helan was almost sold in January so I don't think the club rates him highly enough to become the rotation left-back (who will play a lot if we stay in competitions).

Good point, but how do you know he was almost sold?

woahmark said:
LoveCity said:
If you have a straight choice between Helan and Nuhu then I think it's going to be Helan. The level of the Norwegian league is so low (no offence to any Norwegians on here) as shown by Mohammed Abu being one of the best players in the league then going on to fail in 2. Bundesliga and La Liga loans, and struggling for game time in Ligue 1 now (got his first 90 minutes this weekend since joining Lorient on loan in January).

Though personally I don't think either of them will be promoted next season even if we sell Kolarov. We'll have a stronger emphasis on youth promotion now but only if they're proven to be of a high standard. Helan was almost sold in January so I don't think the club rates him highly enough to become the rotation left-back (who will play a lot if we stay in competitions).

Sheffield Wednesday manager said we were in talks with Watford to sell him but it must have fallen through because he went back on loan to Wednesday.

LoveCity said:
woahmark said:
LoveCity said:

Sheffield Wednesday manager said we were in talks with Watford to sell him but it must have fallen through because he went back on loan to Wednesday.

Ah fair enough! I heard something about that, didn't think it was about a permanent transfer - just a loan signing (you know with Watford and all, just thought it was another loan signing). It's annoying tho - buying all these 'big talents' at the age of 16 then they turn out to be sold or let go for free to clubs.

If they do sell him, it best be for a good/decent price because he is technically proven in the Championship.

Some players are just late bloomers, like Drogba for example.
We can't right off any players under 21 unless they have genuine issues with their game that can't be sorted out.

Reminds me of Ishmael Miller. Raw physicality and nothing else. Looked pretty crap whenever I've seen him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.