Jeremy Helan

Why is he an Idiot because he has a different viewpoint on life to you or me?

Half the problems in this world could be solved if people accepted that you can have a viewpoint which differs to someone elses rather than try and impose it on everyone.

If he wants to study religion, fair play to him, I hope it gives him everything he wants it to.

I dont really care what he does. I dont know him. I do think he's an idiot for throwing away a career to concentrate on nonsense though, its an idiotic thing to do. If somebody quit your workplace to concentrate on becoming a Jedi, would you not think that was idiotic too?

I dont really care what he does. I dont know him. I do think he's an idiot for throwing away a career to concentrate on nonsense though, its an idiotic thing to do. If somebody quit your workplace to concentrate on becoming a Jedi, would you not think that was idiotic too?

in fairness he might continue to work and have a career, just in something less intense than a pro-footballer

If someone quit your workplace to follow what they wanted to do, would you not be supportive of that, regardless of what it was?

I couldn't care less if my workmate wanted to become a Jedi. Its not what I'd do but who am I to tell him how to live his life.

Why is he an Idiot because he has a different viewpoint on life to you or me?

Half the problems in this world could be solved if people accepted that you can have a viewpoint which differs to someone elses rather than try and impose it on everyone.

If he wants to study religion, fair play to him, I hope it gives him everything he wants it to.
Just cos some people think its not true, there is nothing wrong with being religious. I hope he has a long and fulfilling life

Dead right. If he really wanted to do his religion proud, he'd carry on working as a footballer and do a metric fuck ton of high profile charity work instead of quitting and living in obscurity studying illiterate bronze age farmers' fairy tales.

"Half the problems in this world could be solved if people accepted that you can have a viewpoint which differs to someone elses rather than try and impose it on everyone." This is also very true, but when was the last time an atheist blew up a plane, or went on a crusade? Nobody kills hundreds of people in the name of the Scientific Method. Like CTID said, if I quit my job and set up a church dedicated to the Greek Pantheon, you'd rightly think I'd lost the plot. Why is Zeus any more or less ridiculous than the Abrahamic god? It's all nonsense.

Dead right. If he really wanted to do his religion proud, he'd carry on working as a footballer and do a metric fuck ton of high profile charity work instead of quitting and living in obscurity studying illiterate bronze age farmers' fairy tales.

"Half the problems in this world could be solved if people accepted that you can have a viewpoint which differs to someone elses rather than try and impose it on everyone." This is also very true, but when was the last time an atheist blew up a plane, or went on a crusade? Nobody kills hundreds of people in the name of the Scientific Method. Like CTID said, if I quit my job and set up a church dedicated to the Greek Pantheon, you'd rightly think I'd lost the plot. Why is Zeus any more or less ridiculous than the Abrahamic god? It's all nonsense.

i don't really want to get involved but Chairman Mao and Stalin are two chaps with a tarnished record.....

i don't really want to get involved but Chairman Mao and Stalin are two chaps with a tarnished record.....

Expected response. Aside from being utter despots, did either of them explicity state that they killed millions in the name of no god? It's much more probable that their extremely left-wing political views were the cause of their atrocities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.