Jeremy Hunt

kennycar

This tory idiot. Mentioning Hillsborough as a Hooligan caused disaster as opposed to it being completely down to incompetent police. Like so many ignorant united fans do (not all though). Good that he has been made to apologise

Sorry, but I have some sympathy with his opinion. Not on that day of course, but the fences were only put there because of the actions of some of the tossers who used to view football as an excuse to cause trouble.

i think the inquest concluded that fans behaviour played no part and the police were completely at fault, just over-excited fans not violent ones. Should never have opened them gates, typical police, "let some other c**t deal with them". Terrible day.

kennycar said:
i think the inquest concluded that fans behaviour played no part and the police were completely at fault, just over-excited fans not violent ones. Should never have opened them gates, typical police, "let some other c**t deal with them". Terrible day.

I agree with you. The fact remains that if the fences hadn't been there then this tragedy would never have happened.

Cheesy said:
kennycar said:

I agree with you. The fact remains that if the fences hadn't been there then this tragedy would never have happened.

And I agree with you, but the fences aren't the fault of fans. Stupid idea to treat people like cattle, but i suppose it was a different world then. We're living in the SkySports generation now, which has it's pro's and cons. Less pitch invasions but higher prices.

kennycar said:
This tory idiot. Mentioning Hillsborough as a Hooligan caused disaster as opposed to it being completely down to incompetent police. Like so many ignorant united fans do (not all though). Good that he has been made to apologise

I don't agree.

There was an element of truth in what he said. Hillsborough was an unfortunate combination of a few things - p*ssed up dippers (I'm old enough to remember what they were like in those days), incompetent police & fences.

His comments, though unfortunate, weren't made maliciously IMO.

And if he had been one of B.Liar's or Gormless Gordon's crew, I take it he would have been simply 'This idiot'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.