Jerome Boateng - Boo or Clap

I just find this thread hilarious. Maybe its the bitterness, maybe its his actual performance in the city shirt.

But the thought that a regular German national can't be good enough for city just makes me smirk and giggle.

Aequitas1987 said:
I just find this thread hilarious. Maybe its the bitterness, maybe its his actual performance in the city shirt.

But the thought that a regular German national can't be good enough for city just makes me smirk and giggle.

Have you seen Mertesacker at all for Arsenal? I wouldn't have him at City over any 4 of our main CB options and he's played a pile of matches for the German national team.

Aequitas1987 said:

bitter over what? the fact he was shite for us and we have much better defenders?

good for him if he's doing well at Bayern, but he couldn't cut it over here, nor did he seem to really want to.

Wayne Rooney's a regular England international, doesn't make him good enough for Bayern does it.

Mertesacker is an anomaly. Its the worst fucking buy Arsenal could have ever made, most Germans do not think he should be a german national at all. We were glad Arsenal took him when Bayern had minor rumors attached with getting him.

<arrogance>In the other hand, no offense but being an England international does not equal to being a German international any day. </arrogance>

Lastly, In no ways do i think Boateng is gods gift to CB's I think Kompany is a much much much much much much much better CB. However, you guys are writing him off as if you barely paid anything for him and hes a shit reserve player or something. You guys paid a fair penny for him and we did buy him off you for a fair penny. He was not our #1 choice CB for the summer (no#3 to be exact) but hes still a good CB who if he didnt have a troublesome injury period with you guys could have slotted very well alongside Kompany.

Aequitas1987 said:
Mertesacker is an anomaly. Its the worst fucking buy Arsenal could have ever made, most Germans do not think he should be a german national at all. We were glad Arsenal took him when Bayern had minor rumors attached with getting him.

<arrogance>In the other hand, no offense but being an England international does not equal to being a German international any day. </arrogance>

Lastly, In no ways do i think Boateng is gods gift to CB's I think Kompany is a much much much much much much much better CB. However, you guys are writing him off as if you barely paid anything for him and hes a shit reserve player or something. You guys paid a fair penny for him and we did buy him off you for a fair penny. He was not our #1 choice CB for the summer (no#3 to be exact) but hes still a good CB who if he didnt have a troublesome injury period with you guys could have slotted very well alongside Kompany.

he didn't want to know.

and no, you're right, being an English international is nothing like being a German international. German footballers have a national pride that no English player has had for a long, long time. German football cares about its national team and its youth setup, English football is only belatedly saying it is.

I still feel we got it wrong with him. He is a class centre back and as much as Lescott has improved this year Kompany and Boateng would have been a great partnership but we kept playing him out of position at right and sometimes left back so no wonder it didn't work out.

RandomJ said:
I still feel we got it wrong with him. He is a class centre back and as much as Lescott has improved this year Kompany and Boateng would have been a great partnership but we kept playing him out of position at right and sometimes left back so no wonder it didn't work out.

+1 and Bayern is falling in the same trap using him as RB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.