Jerome Boateng - Boo or Clap

Aequitas1987 said:
But the thought that a regular German national can't be good enough for city just makes me smirk and giggle.
What a foolish argument. Most decent European club sides would beat most European national sides. That's because we have best talent the world over available to us, not just the best from one nation.

Also, on a general point, Germany as a footballing nation has always been greater than the sum of its parts due to a strong team ethic. Individually, German footballers are not that strong in recent years. The last time a German won the Balon d'Or was 1996 and no German player has appeared in the top three since Oliver Kahn in 2002.

Aequitas1987 said:
Mertesacker is an anomaly. Its the worst fucking buy Arsenal could have ever made, most Germans do not think he should be a german national at all. We were glad Arsenal took him when Bayern had minor rumors attached with getting him.

<arrogance>In the other hand, no offense but being an England international does not equal to being a German international any day. </arrogance>

Lastly, In no ways do i think Boateng is gods gift to CB's I think Kompany is a much much much much much much much better CB. However, you guys are writing him off as if you barely paid anything for him and hes a shit reserve player or something. You guys paid a fair penny for him and we did buy him off you for a fair penny. He was not our #1 choice CB for the summer (no#3 to be exact) but hes still a good CB who if he didnt have a troublesome injury period with you guys could have slotted very well alongside Kompany.

i suppose having to sit round scratching his arse on matchdays in a foreign country isnt so great.

he got a brief opportunitity at city without setting the world on fire. so as long as he concedes three own goals before being sent off. i`ll wish him well in his career :)

Aequitas1987 said:
Mertesacker is an anomaly. Its the worst fucking buy Arsenal could have ever made, most Germans do not think he should be a german national at all. We were glad Arsenal took him when Bayern had minor rumors attached with getting him.

<arrogance>In the other hand, no offense but being an England international does not equal to being a German international any day. </arrogance>

Lastly, In no ways do i think Boateng is gods gift to CB's I think Kompany is a much much much much much much much better CB. However, you guys are writing him off as if you barely paid anything for him and hes a shit reserve player or something. You guys paid a fair penny for him and we did buy him off you for a fair penny. He was not our #1 choice CB for the summer (no#3 to be exact) but hes still a good CB who if he didnt have a troublesome injury period with you guys could have slotted very well alongside Kompany.

This is all true, but the fact is still that he's not good enough for fans of a club with arguably the best squad in England, and no shortage of money for future defenders, to be kicking themselves over. He's not THAT good. And that's why people, as distasteful as it might sound if you happen to like that player, feel at liberty to dismiss his contribution and what his loss means to us. It's just simple economics really.

Skashion said:
What a foolish argument. Most decent European club sides would beat most European national sides. That's because we have best talent the world over available to us, not just the best from one nation.

I have to disagree there. Most decent European national sites can easily overtake a lot of good club sites, because of one main reason who is above individual talent in football: Mentality.

Skashion said:
Also, on a general point, Germany as a footballing nation has always been greater than the sum of its parts due to a strong team ethic. Individually, German footballers are not that strong in recent years. The last time a German won the Balon d'Or was 1996 and no German player has appeared in the top three since Oliver Kahn in 2002.

I agree about the team ethic (or the mentality I said earlier), but Balon d'Or? This price has become a joke. Especially for 2010, Messi, a player who scored 0 (absolute zero) goals in a world cup, who played for teams who lost in semis in Champions League and quarter-finals in world cup, won it.

While players like Sneijder (CL winner, World Cup final), Xavi (World Cup winner, CL semis) or even Robben (CL final, WC final) didn't. What a joke....

I understand that notion. You guys can afford the best CB partner to Kompany who is much more qualified than Boateng (hell why not Hummels who has been #1 target for Bayern after we let him go from our academy also our #1 choice as CB target over the summer). I don't know what you guys saw in Boateng that made him qualify him as a 'softie' what we see as his weakness is actually the complete opposite.

He has his pros
+ Physicality in Strength
+ Physicality in Speed
+ Flexibility in the modern game (tactically)
+ Height etc

What we see as a negative is his emotional temperament, he tends to foul when he doesn't need to and go over the top when he doesn't need to (albeit unfairly at times). Which is why I find it odd that City fans are classifying him as a quote on quote coward.

He might not be the best, he might be unproven, he might be injury-prone but in what I have seen in Bayern and in general hes far from a 'softie'.

Neither really from me. Not particularly fussed. Don't remember him slagging the club off or anything and didn't seem to take liberties. it didn't work out for him here and he wasn't cut out for it and moved to a top club. So what?

Aequitas1987 said:
I understand that notion. You guys can afford the best CB partner to Kompany who is much more qualified than Boateng (hell why not Hummels who has been #1 target for Bayern after we let him go from our academy also our #1 choice as CB target over the summer). I don't know what you guys saw in Boateng that made him qualify him as a 'softie' what we see as his weakness is actually the complete opposite.

He has his pros
+ Physicality in Strength
+ Physicality in Speed
+ Flexibility in the modern game (tactically)
+ Height etc

What we see as a negative is his emotional temperament, he tends to foul when he doesn't need to and go over the top when he doesn't need to (albeit unfairly at times). Which is why I find it odd that City fans are classifying him as a quote on quote coward.

He might not be the best, he might be unproven, he might be injury-prone but in what I have seen in Bayern and in general hes far from a 'softie'.

he was half hearted in tackles, 50/50's and didn't push himself.

he also had trouble jumping from what I remember, positioning was mediocre too.

Maybe the Bundesliga is slower I don't know as I don't watch it, but he was a fish out of water here and didn't show the commitment needed to learn and improve, hence why he's at Bayern.

Aequitas1987 said:
I just find this thread hilarious. Maybe its the bitterness, maybe its his actual performance in the city shirt.

But the thought that a regular German national can't be good enough for city just makes me smirk and giggle.
Are you kidding? There is no way Germany would beat Manchester City.

You'll see tonight fritz.

SWP's back said:
Aequitas1987 said:
I just find this thread hilarious. Maybe its the bitterness, maybe its his actual performance in the city shirt.

Are you kidding? There is no way Germany would beat Manchester City.

You'll see tonight fritz.

so you reckon we'll beat them Hans down?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.