Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wonder what happened between the 2013-14 season where he played great and scored/contributed and 2014-15 season where he becomes afraid to drive at opponents and shoot. The moment I knew Navas was damaged goods was a game against Bournemouth at home, where he had an open goal and he tried to switch it to his right foot to shoot and got blocked. Sums him up basically.
We got rid of Negredo, the only player we've had who attacked a cross. Then he had to resort to just low crosses that were incredibly predictable and easy to stop, then he seems to have lost all confidence.

Still think he's been our best fullback mind you, but that's more a criticism of everyone else than even the slightest praise of him

Sell......virtually no end product and though he has done well at fullback, his attacking play is still woeful...zabba is actually a better wide player going forward than he is

His brains not wired right, he doesn't learn...... No matter how many times he takes an 'extra' touch to let the oppopents close him down before crossing and making it difficult for himself, HE NEVER LEARNS TO PUT THE CROSS IN FIRST TIME. De Bruyne could put the perfect ball inside the fullback for him to run onto and he'd still want a touch before crossing, it infuriates me and ashame cos he has pace to burn plus his attitude and effort are bob on.

Well, he's a team player, works hard, bit limited and with our right wingers I could see someone like Big Sam isolating him at the back post against a bigger, stronger forward and knocking crosses in.
But if he walks, we've got no right back at all.
An absolute masterclass in squad development.

I have a feeling he will move on.

He can be a regular at Sevilla where at City we want him to become a reserve right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.