Jesus Navas - hugely significant signing

pee dubya said:
Uwes Grandad said:
I just hope that BM doesn't build Navas up to be an absolute world beater ala Adebayor, Ballotelli and Robinho and then slate him mercilessly if and when he doesn't turn out to be a Ronaldo.

Lets give the lad time along with the other signings and be patient with them. No silly predictions like Aguero to score thirty last season and just let them knit into the side.
Aguero scored 30 in his first season.

I meant last season. It was never going to happen. Posters were saying thirty league goals. Too much pressure is heaped upon players, let them settle in and let us as fans reap the benefits.

woodieMCFC said:
I'm so excited to see jesus next season for us. He's gonna tear that parked up bus apart like the tazmanian devil! :smile:

Pure genius to name check the two most recognised religious characters post Judaism/looney tunes in a football post which could also be read as double entendre wow!

are you Carol Anne Duffy?

ps navas looked good last night linked well with silva

From the 45 mins I saw last night , yes it was against Tahiti enough in there to give me the belief that he will do just ding dang dooley fine for us both in prem league and CL. Nice to see the link up with David Silva.

Watch the videos of him race past defenders like Abidal. Not sure there's a full back in the league that will be able to stop him putting in a cross. He'll force our attack into sprinting down the pitch, a stark contrast to the last 1.5 years.

a Navas wanna be I met on canal street last year really it was as odd as it looks

2v2bq7n.jpg

Caveman said:
Smithy34 said:
With Silva, Navas and hopefully Isco in our midfield next season we will have 3 players who can inter-change their positions on the pitch.

Last season we relied to heavily on Silva for our creativity, when Silva was 1v1 in midfield he caused all kinds of trouble, but opposition teams then started putting 2 men on him to close the space down.

However this season we have 3 players realistically who need to be in double-coverage at all times and, significantly, that’s without even factoring-in Sergio.

Put Yaya & Fernandinho in that midfield as well behind those 3 and we have the strongest midfield in the division again.
Plus Nasri! and Milner's qualities will get him games, probably in the biggest games too. Barcelona and Bayern have this many players in this area of the pitch.

There were people saying "we should be doing better than we are because we have the best squad in the Prem" last season, but we really didn't. You can't have the best squad in the Prem if you have just two players like Nasri and Silva, you need much more than that. Plus i looked at Dortmund Madrid and Ajax and they all had more depth in this area than we did and people wonder why we didn't qualify from that group as the tired line of "we should be doing better than we are in Europe with the squad we have" kept cropping up.

There's a reason we're strengthening big time in this area of the pitch. And that is simply because we weren't good enough in this area and we were never going to win owt with such a poor strength in depth there.

Don't get me started on how poor the two starters were behind them last season too in Yaya and Barry. I would honestly rather see Fernandinho and Rodwell start there next season.
And thumbs up to Txiki Begiristain & Ferran Soriano for realising this and actually doing something about it. Those 2 could end up being our most important signings over the next few years.

Marvin said:
He's not Spain's most gifted player by any means - a sub as most people know. But if the opposing manager sees him on City's team sheet, think of the impact on the opposing team's tactics........

With Silva, Nasri, Yaya Toure etc in midfield and Navas on the wing it will be defensive suicide for any defence to venture beyond their penalty area.

So what?

The only defensive tactic that can work is to defend deep en masse, and that nearly always fails as it means City can lay siege and it's normally only a matter of time till we score

It's not the width that he will give us that's important, but the space it will give our midfield as defenders worry about reducing the space in behind them

Not sure you would have both Silva and Nasri in midfield with Navas playing out wide? One or the other - hopefully Silva.
A fast wide player will also at last give Hart an option to get the ball out quickly and we can rapidly turn defence into attack. Exciting times!

Marvin said:
Fame Monster said:
Is this a joke?

Have you watched a City game in the past two years?
There are some teams who press City's midfield isntead of parking the bus.

There's two ways of defending against City:

1) Retreat and park the bus

2) Play a high defensive line and press our midfield

Most do 1, but some do 2

More are playing 2, to limit the space Silva works in and we didn't exploit the space in behind.

The glimpse of Navas last night was really exciting. I've even had other supporters congratulating me today and saying they are looking forward to our fixture next season. Bring it on. Can't wait for 17th August

Compilation of his touches against Ireland.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh44a68wfp0[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.