Jetro Willems

Goats left knee

Jon has distanced himself from a swap deal, had a look on YouTube and this kid looks a real talent. Good replacement for kolorov. It's young players like him, lamela and jovetic we need to get in this summer

Remember watching him in the euros and thinking he looked a good prospect. Not watched much of him since then but would be a good addition from what I've seen.

Beermonster said:
Remember watching him in the euros and thinking he looked a good prospect. Not watched much of him since then but would be a good addition from what I've seen.

Really? The left back?

I thought he looked overwhelmed and slightly out of his depth when he played.

He was only 18 to be fair to him though and i haven't seen him since so that might have just been nerves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/guidetti-dismisses-psv-switch/news/anzeigen_118795.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/guide ... 18795.html</a>

Manchester City striker John Guidetti has dismissed out of hand the possibility of being part of a swap deal for Jetro Willems that would see him move to PSV Eindhoven.

Reports claim the Barclays Premier League club will look to make a summer move for defender Willems with Guidetti going to Holland. Guidetti was signed by City as a 16-year-old in April 2008 and has yet to make a senior appearance for the Premier League champions, having been severely affected by a virus suffered towards the end of last season.

However, now recovered and playing with the club's development squad, he is highly regarded and scored 20 goals in 23 games while on loan at Feyenoord last season, and he has already played for Sweden in a friendly against Croatia. The Swede, though, has no intention of moving to PSV and told Sportwereld AD: "I will never, ever play for PSV."

Guidetti should not have even had to dismiss this stupid rumour, it was started by the Metro of all papers! It was a non-starter from the beginning, Guidetti has already shown he is too good for the Dutch league having blitzed it aged 19/20 and his future is either here or in another top level league.

Willems would be a good protégé for Clichy though. Him, Digny, and Shaw are three very exciting prospects. The Eintracht left-back Bastian Oczipka has also been good every time I've seen him this season and reminds me a bit of Baines with good distribution from the left and many assists.

Got to be honest I thought he looked poor in the euros, he was superb on the ball and appeared to have a good cross on him but his defending was poor and his positioning in paticular was woeful, but I guess with him being young that could be coached out of him. Potential is there for sure but I'd rather we got luke shaw in and sold kolarov.

Claytop said:
Beermonster said:

Really? The left back?

I thought he looked overwhelmed and slightly out of his depth when he played.

He was only 18 to be fair to him though and i haven't seen him since so that might have just been nerves.

Yeah I thought he did okay given that he was the youngest ever player to play in the euros I think. Netherlands didn't do well themselves, but I think he showed enough to think that he could become a top player, but i am probably basing this too much on his age.

bluemcr said:
Signed a new long term contract oh well....

Tbh with all this rumours that everton want lescott and sincalir i'll offer them lescott+sinclair+5/10M for baines and solve the problem

Did not improve at all this season while being a starter in PSV line-up every single match. Nowhere near City material yet. Has mental issues since he made his first appearance for the dutch team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.