Jim Beglin commenting "Emptyhad" on Live TV | City lodge complaint (pg 38)

In a written statement, Jim Beglin has apologised for comments whilst co commentating at a Manchester City match.

"I regret I didn't go further as I believe they are a bunch of cheats who are backed by an a dubious oil rich state. And I apologise to all my fellow Liverpool supporters profusely for not doing so. Had I realised the consequence of my actions would be the withdrawal of my YNWA privilege I would have been more vociferous in my hatred of the FFPR cheats."

I wish people would stop going on about atmosphere at football games - back in the 90s id go down the north stand steps at half time into the concourse and they’d be a thick layer of smoke and 100s of pissed men singing city songs.

thats the key difference - alcohol!

a massive % of the crowd now are driving/children/women who basically dont drink at the games. Or they are guys who dont want to get pissed up for whatever reason. And i’m the same, will get to the game and have one pint snd then go sit in my seat.

the liklihood of me getting on my feet and starting a song is basically zero because like a normal sober english person i’d be self concious about it.

especially at a 12:30 kick off.

Boring ****.

Bottomline is he is simply doing what he is paid to do and that's generate comment, how else he he going to get a 60 plus page thread on anything other than a Liverpool website, honestly we really shouldn't give a toss what he thinks. My lasting memory of him as a player was thinking how really average he looked in some of the strongest Liverpool sides of all time their version of Stefen Savic (although not as successful).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.