Jim Tolmie

gap_f/w said:
the goats b ackside said:
I was at Stamford Bridge when we won 1 0 thanks to a superb free kick from Jim, he was 1 of the brights lights at that time

^^^^^ This^^^^^

Bloody cold day, lashings of 80s fun specially the programme seller hut being tipped over with him still in it n then a great freekick from the man himself.

My 3 mates and i decided to go posh that day and sit on the side not behind the goal, was a bad choice once Jim scored, there was only about 40 sat in that stand and a couple of stewards separating us from the whole stand singing One man went to mow. It got ugly but fortunately i got out unscathed, not everyone did

Jim was a decent forward for City, him and Derek Parlane were a cracking partnership at that level, normally we would have gone up the first season but we we were slightly inferior to the top 3 and this were never really in the hunt.

Just read through all this again, a good read, it wasnt good times when Jim was at city but he gave his all and still follows the club to this day. He certainly enjoyed his time there, you could do a question page and he would come on and answer questions for that era, has alot of good stories, maybe some that cant be told.

Just read through all this again, a good read, it wasnt good times when Jim was at city but he gave his all and still follows the club to this day. He certainly enjoyed his time there, you could do a question page and he would come on and answer questions for that era, has alot of good stories, maybe some that cant be told.

Hi tolmieblue,

That's a great suggestion.

I'm sure we'd get a whole lot of questions for him.

519a028a36b089b6a2a5bfb0b06da07b.jpg

A barnet Joe Hart would kill for!

I remember going to Maine Road with a few mates for some night game,it may have even been a reserve game and we went to pick up tickets for a first team game and thought we would stay for the match.It is unusual for me not to remember but it must have been a sparse crowd as we sat in the main stand right next to the directors seats. Jim Tolmie was sat right near us with a mate and he was friendly.Anyway a fellow in a suit with a couple of mates turned up and told Tolmie to move.We were outraged and let the suits know in no uncertain terms.We asked Jim if he wanted us to to tune them in but he said,''Better not lads I could get in the shit'' and laughed so we let it go.He seemed a great guy.

Is that you Jim?

How much of his weekly salary did he spend in Sandpipers?

He had a great 6 months with Parlane then neither could hit a barn door compared to before Xmas until it was too late and we did Cambridge in the last game of the season.

For the money we had at the time Jim was a hero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.