Jimmy Carr

I like Jimmy Carr like I do Frankie Boyle - sometimes they push the envelope and challenge the boundaries of humour but there are some things best left unsaid

Genuine question. Did you watch the show or only read about it in the Daily Express?

I ask because that write up doesn't seem to give any context to the "joke". It doesn't even appear to be a "joke" in the written form so I'm guessing there was more to it.

Genuine question. Did you watch the show or only read about it in the Daily Express?

I ask because that write up doesn't seem to give any context to the "joke". It doesn't even appear to be a "joke" in the written form so I'm guessing there was more to it.

No I have seen the show - I just think there are somethings just over the line. I am sure you can craft a joke out of a gang rape or Grenfell but you need to type it out and look at it on screen and apply your filter - It matters not you are ok with something its will everyone else. I am sure the audience laughing the bollocks off if they see the cropped clip will feel it mis-represents the mood in the room and I agree its context but ultimately for me its one of them thats too far.

Oh and I don't buy the Express.

Nobody that became successful didn't sell out a little.
Frankie Boyle was popular because you knew there was truth behind his comedy...Toe curling truth...It's what made him funny....Clipping his wings was censorship and he knew that... But still Sold out. Selling out isn't an acceptable thing in my book whether everyone else has or not. Billy Connolly lost my respect for the same thing.

So if that’s wrong, why did he change his approach then, or are you just being cynical and assuming the worst of a person?
If by changing his approach you mean becoming unfunny, then neither. I was a big fan and it pains me to say...He ain't funny no more... I feel betrayed by him. And as for for putting words in my mouth shame on you...

No I have seen the show - I just think there are somethings just over the line. I am sure you can craft a joke out of a gang rape or Grenfell but you need to type it out and look at it on screen and apply your filter - It matters not you are ok with something its will everyone else. I am sure the audience laughing the bollocks off if they see the cropped clip will feel it mis-represents the mood in the room and I agree its context but ultimately for me its one of them thats too far.

Oh and I don't buy the Express.
It wasn't a jibe, I was genuinely interested as I haven't seen it and the link you posted (the Daily Express) didn't make much sense in terms of the outrage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.