Jimmy Greaves MBE

KS55

I was surprised to find that Jimmy Greaves has never been honoured until now. A truly magic player who scored wonderful goals, usually from 3 yards with a little shimmy that left the keeper helpless. His debut for Wham at Maine road was brilliant. City had tried to sign him but he came in the claret and blue and destroyed us.
He is joined as MBE by Ron Flowers another member of the 1966 squad.

I do nothing to pop my head up out of the trenches but if I was ever offered anything I'd be telling them to fuck off.

I only know one person personally who has a gong, I always got on well with him in the past but opinion was split with others.

Basically got his award for doing his job, being in the right place at the right time, doing the dirty work for very high up people and licking arse. He's fucking welcome to it.

I do nothing to pop my head up out of the trenches but if I was ever offered anything I'd be telling them to fuck off.

I only know one person personally who has a gong, I always got on well with him in the past but opinion was split with others.

Basically got his award for doing his job, being in the right place at the right time, doing the dirty work for very high up people and licking arse. He's fucking welcome to it.
The free bar in the members club in that there London is worth the admission fee alone.

If people get recognised like this for just doing their job then what's the issue?

Its the self servers of the world, the "ooh look at me I'm famous" brigade, like Rob Brydon, that you should be angry at, not an old man who used to bang and drink his way through life. Oh, and score the odd goal.

The free bar in the members club in that there London is worth the admission fee alone.

If people get recognised like this for just doing their job then what's the issue?

Its the self servers of the world, the "ooh look at me I'm famous" brigade, like Rob Brydon, that you should be angry at, not an old man who used to bang and drink his way through life. Oh, and score the odd goal.
I've no axe to grind with JG its my rage against the system.

Very pleased for Jimmy, my favourite non City player during the 60s, never forget his amazing goal v United at White Hart Lane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.