Jimmy Greaves RIP

I used to love getting home Saturday mornings after football training as a kid normally soaked through. Red hot bath then sit down to watch saint and greavesie. I can hear that classic theme tune in my head now brilliant show back in the day! RIP Jimmy

A great player. Not only was he a tremendous finisher but he had a high degree of skill. He was a terrific dribbler which was rare for an out & out striker in those days. RIP Greavesie - one of the very best.

Never saw him play, but his stats are incredible (what can't speak, can't lie)

I am, as others have said, of a certain generation where Saint & Greavsie was a staple part of Saturday

Watched the show, then off to watch the match ......as I got older it was a case of being in the pub to watch Saint & Greavsie, before thinking about the match!!

R.I.P. Jimmy Greaves

England's greatest striker bar nobody they can talk Prem era shite and say Arry Kane is chasing Shearer's record, neither are close to being as prolific as Jimmy Greaves was... and if he hadn't lost the motivation and become consumed by his addictions which he overcame he would've finished career with for more goals.

Never seen him play but always admired his career he always seemed a top bloke to go with being a top drawer player, plus unlike today's trash punditry where put downs and clear biased views are on show, he always had complete respect for any club when presenting Saint and Greavsie in any clips I've seen and never heard a bad word about him.

RIP

Wouldnt mind finding one like him today - be worth a fortune and would score bucket loads.
RIP Jimmy - One of Englands greats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.