Jimmy Savile

I don’t really understand the argument that documentaries shouldn‘t be made on the subject of Savile.

None will glorify him, none will make money for him.

There were loads about Fred West, the Krays etc.

They should be made to highlight the horrors of what he did and the people who turned their back and enabled him to do what he did knowing full well what was happening should feel uneasy.

It was an open secret at the BBC for YEARS. Upper management knew, but the culture of cover up's and lies goes all the way to the top of the organisation. They have never been held truly accountable for what happened.

They had the perfect opportunity to get their house in order post inquiry but they essentially closed shop and drew a line under it and pretended everything is fine.

I'll be watching the documentary later. Hopefully it will throw a spotlight on the BBC and highlight just how badly behaved they have been in all this.

I don’t really understand the argument that documentaries shouldn‘t be made on the subject of Savile.

I think there’s also been one or two about Hitler.

All a bit depressing. It's a shame they don't just show repeats of jimll fixit

The Krays made a fortune on the back of the film with the Kemp brothers due to the t shirt sales of the pair of them saying "Eastenders"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.