#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a proper footballer. I just hope Pep doesn't remove his unpredictable approach with rigorous repetitive training drills, needs to be afforded more of a licence than most to get the best from him. he's almost like a 5 a side street footballer at times, could play anywhere on the pitch and I'm sure Pep will have him in the team somewhere even when walkers is back and his pace is needed.

Too many on here became obsessed with Walkers recovery/pace that was required maybe once or twice a game. I have been banging the drum that in a team like ours, which dominates most games, it is far more important what our full backs do for the other 89 minutes of a match. Cancelo is now showing everyone that having a full back that has footballing ability, is a much better option than a full back who can sprint.

Too many on here became obsessed with Walkers recovery/pace that was required maybe once or twice a game. I have been banging the drum that in a team like ours, which dominates most games, it is far more important what our full backs do for the other 89 minutes of a match. Cancelo is now showing everyone that having a full back that has footballing ability, is a much better option than a full back who can sprint.
it was more needed when we we were a shambles pre dias since dias has been here and stones has improved hes not needed as much. The recovery pace is still very useful though against good teams with very quick wingers.

Thought he was very good again today and very much proving himself this season. Gives us some good cover at Ither LB or RB and no longer question seeing him starting.

I'm a big fan of Walker, but Cancelo is surely ahead of him in the pecking order on current form.

He's clearly getting more used to being here like a lot do in their second season. Despite the great through ball for that glorious chance KDB missed, I still would like more end product from him.
Not at all bad though for approx £30 million.
Different type of player to Kyle and much better on the ball and tactically. However, I think the commitment and effort from Walker since he's been here has been superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.