João Félix

Honestly can’t see this happening it’s got to be bollocks. Not in our nature to spend so much money on a young player like him would be a huge risk. We have Phil also so wouldn’t make any sense IMO

Like it or not, but the market had changed and we have played a part in that development. No, not the highest priced players. Yet we invested heavily since the sheik took over. Do I mind? No. Did we started it? No. Did we destroy the football Market? No. However we did play a considerable part, let’s be honest about that.

The market has changed as to big clubs signing talented young players for a lot of money. It’s not about the money anymore, it’s about having the player in your ranks. And if by any chance we sell Sane to Bayern for 90 millions, spending this on Felix might not be that big an investment after all.

I can't see City spending £100m+ on any player except Mpappe tbh, so I can't see this happening.

Maybe we think this guy is the next Mbappe.
Also those saying we won't pay 100m, why not?
The Rodri money isn't new money it's basically the Jorginho money from last year.
We could easy spend an additional 150m net and this could be seen as the long term Kun replacement.

Maybe we think this guy is the next Mbappe.
Also those saying we won't pay 100m, why not?
The Rodri money isn't new money it's basically the Jorginho money from last year.
We could easy spend an additional 150m net and this could be seen as the long term Kun replacement.

The 'why not' would be because, so far, we don't. That could change, of course.

But there have been some very long winded threads on here, with people claiming we were about to do exactly that & on every occasion, we haven't. We have stepped away, if unable to negotiate a price we are happy with or if the player involved has looked elsewhere.

It could be that this lad wants to come to City & we are trying to negotiate a way to make it happen.

But if that involved us shelling out 100 mil plus, it would rank as the biggest surprise since Robinho, imo.

It's not our usual m.o.

I thought we were going to do things differently after our failed attempt to get Mbappe.

I believe in this case we see Felix as a special talent who is worth going for early as it's the only way to avoid paying top transfer fees or missing out completely. We need to back our judgement for once to acquire a special talent.

With amortization it's only £20m every year for 5 years, or less if we give him a six year contract.

The 'why not' would be because, so far, we don't. That could change, of course.

But there have been some very long winded threads on here, with people claiming we were about to do exactly that & on every occasion, we haven't. We have stepped away, if unable to negotiate a price we are happy with or if the player involved has looked elsewhere.

It could be that this lad wants to come to City & we are trying to negotiate a way to make it happen.

But if that involved us shelling out 100 mil plus, it would rank as the biggest surprise since Robinho, imo.

It's not our usual m.o.

I’m with you on this. I’ll believe we spend 100mil on some kid from Portugal when it happens - I can’t see it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.