João Félix

I don't get all the wanking about this player. He seems to have been around forever, ripped no trees up wherever he's been, did fuck all at Chelsea. No way on this planet a club like us would buy him.
I think its because he has that "look" of a good player, its weird but there's this idea of how certain players who are supposed to be good players should look.

Its like judging from appearances if you had no idea who kdb or yaya was and you just happened to look at a picture of either one of them, you would probably be like "meh, no way this guy's a great footballer", but if you saw someone that had that "Iberian look" then your eyes would probably light up "now THAT'S what a footballer should look like! I bet he's world class" sprinkle an exotic name on that player and you have the whole package.

I think some people are still caught up in this infatuation phase, they still want to believe that Joao felix is an absolute beast of a player because he looks like someone who should be a great footballer.

Last edited:
I think its because he has that "look" of a good player, its weird but there's this idea of how certain players who are supposed to be good players should look.

Its like judging from appearances if you had no idea who kdb or yaya was and you just happened to look at a picture of either one of them, you would probably be like "meh, no way this guy's a great footballer", but if you saw someone that had that "Iberian look" then your eyes would probably light up "now THAT'S what a footballer should look like! I bet he's world class" sprinkle an exotic name on that player and you have the whole package.

I think some people are still caught up in this infatuation phase, they still want to believe that Joao felix is an absolute beast of a player because he looks like someone who should be a great footballer.

Harry Redknapp once said Messi was the unlikeliest looking footballer he ever saw, adding "He looks like he should be in a bookies with a fag in his hand putting a bet on." Lol.

Harry Redknapp once said Messi was the unlikeliest looking footballer he ever saw, adding "He looks like he should be in a bookies with a fag in his hand putting a bet on." Lol.
Happens all the time. If you had no idea about football and someone showed you a picture of John Stones and Gary Cahill, who would you go for as your choice for a CB? The lanky, nerdy looking Stones or the muscled up Cahill?

I’d be if Surprised city / mendes hadn’t discussed it..this all lined up for saving a slot in cam for next summer…wirtz ;)

Not good enough for 12th placed Chelsea....not good enough for City.
That’s too simplistic a view. It’s a weird set up at Chelsea. Squad of 60. An odd, yet to be proven model. I know it’s early doors but Kovacic looks a player in our set up versus being anonymous at Chelsea. Those little 5 yard bursts of pace to get past players v Newcastle wasn’t something I recall him doing before. I reckon there’s a few like Felix and Mudryck who’ll reignite their career once they leave Chelsea.

That’s too simplistic a view. It’s a weird set up at Chelsea. Squad of 60. An odd, yet to be proven model. I know it’s early doors but Kovacic looks a player in our set up versus being anonymous at Chelsea. Those little 5 yard bursts of pace to get past players v Newcastle wasn’t something I recall him doing before. I reckon there’s a few like Felix and Mudryck who’ll reignite their career once they leave Chelsea.
Kovacic had several seasons of top level performances at Madrid to back up his ability winning several CL trophies, never mind his experience and results at international level.
Felix hasn't done anything since a teenager at Benfica.

People need to stop making excuses for the lad. He simply hasn't made it at the level it looked like he could, not the first and definitely not the last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.