'Jo' Shares Some Moments from his Time at the Club

Can there be a side in the last 30 years who have bought as many shit strikers as we have. I'd forgot about Benjani.

wont have a word said against him

I know it was the slightest of deflections but he scored a goal at the swamp that gave us victory.

he would have to be kare ingebritsen bad to not forgive after that.

Going way off topic here, but, further back, the old transfer deadline day in March was good for the odd drama. And had things gone differently, two of our cult heroes from the 1990s and 200s may never have gained that status had things gone differently.

In 1994,we'd signed Uwe Rosler on loan after he scored twice for the reserves on trial, but his opening games in the senior side weren't a big success. On deadline day, we agreed a fee with Sheffield Wednesday for Mark Bright, but it was in the days before mobile phones were widespread. We were trying to contact him at home, he'd gone out somewhere, we couldn't reach him and the deal was never done. We stuck with Uwe, hit form, was signed permanently and won the hearts of the fans.

In 1998, trying desperately to save us from the drop to Division Two, Joe Royle agreed a fee with Leicester for Steve Claridge and he was set to sign. But Wolves came in for the player at the last minute and he opted to go there instead. Royle switched his sights to a certain Shaun Goater, who signed on deadline day.

I didn't know either of these tales, thanks for sharing.

Were you a prototype ITK in the Pink Final letters' page?

The coldest I've ever been at a game. Juve were in a temp.stadium which was a ramshackle athletics stadium, no facilities, no beer (bit like the Etihad!)

All You Need is Jo! Coldest I've ever been at a game. We got snowed in and ended up staying in Milan an extra 4 days courtesy of Michael O'leary. Cheers Mike!

Did Sean Spicer write that for him?! Talk about revisionism. Does he really think that he played that big a part in our FA Cup win and qualifying for the CL in 2011?

Complete and utter garbage with a shit lazy attitude. In fact he was so bad and forgettable when he played for us when we had a post on our worst ever player I didn't mention him because I had forgotten he ever did!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.