Jo to CSKA??

Jo is clearly not good enough for us, and not suited to the premier league. He's too slow and not strong enough. But he'll do a job in this league as he clearly has something. I suspect with confidence in a less physical league he will get goals again.

Nobody should be vindictive or spiteful about jo. I've never heard him whinge or moan about his lot, he just gets on with it.

I hope he gets this move for city's sake and I hope it works for him for his own sake.

We have had far far worse players than jo, he's just the whipping boy in a strong squad. City Fans and probably all fans need a whipping boy to use as a bonding tool with other blues.

It's just like the way people use bitching to bond in the workplace.

CityPar said:
Motty said:
We pay CSKA £18m for a player and then three seasons later they get him back on loan? Once again, what bad transfer business. Although the truth is he pretty much has to go, it's not really beneficial for anyone that he stays here and I think there's a good chance he'll recapture his form in Russia, and, who knows, maybe earn another chance in one of the big European leagues.

But why loan him out again? Just get him off the books for good!!

We didn't pay £18m. That was the deal but alot of it was clauses based on perfomance etc. We paid around £6m if I recall right. Can understand why CSKA want a loan first. They want to know if he's still got it!! I'm sure if he is a success the deal will be made permanent in January. All in all I'm hopeful his time at City is done! ;o)

Even if it is £6m, still not exactly brilliant from our point of view.

Did any of the clauses get activated? As there must have been a lot to get from £6m to £18m?

Didsbury Dave said:
Jo is clearly not good enough for us, and not suited to the premier league. He's too slow and not strong enough. But he'll do a job in this league as he clearly has something. I suspect with confidence in a less physical league he will get goals again.

Nobody should be vindictive or spiteful about jo. I've never heard him whinge or moan about his lot, he just gets on with it.

I hope he gets this move for city's sake and I hope it works for him for his own sake.

We have had far far worse players than jo, he's just the whipping boy in a strong squad. City Fans and probably all fans need a whipping boy to use as a bonding tool with other blues.

Well said DD. This man is a model professional, and someone who could teach many, many footballers how to act. Along with Zab, the most professional player in the squad.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Well said DD. This man is a model professional, and someone who could teach many, many footballers how to act. Along with Zab, the most professional player in the squad.

spot on didsbury dave, how hard must it be when the team sheet is read out to the crowd and you get hardly a cheer when your name is mentioned and then the fans expect you to go out and perform to the max....impossible... i'm with DD, jo's tried his best and it hasn't worked out for him and also the amount of times i've seen jo ghost in to the box in the perfect goal scoring position and gready players like tevez havent passed to him is frightening. good luck jo, all the best lad.

Didsbury Dave said:

So true he's never said a bad word about the others at the club, this is why I suspect he was on the bench before the likes of Ade and Bel who are all about themselves. Plus watching those FA cup changing room videos it looks like he really gets on with the squad.

lmjones1uk said:
PUTTYBLUE said:
Can anyone think of a worst buy than Jo???
Answers on a postcard please!!lol.

jon macken
michael fronzek
buster phillips
ged brannan
gerry creaney
vicente matías vuoso

need i go on???

Samaras, god knows how many millions spunked on this guy when we didnt have a pot to piss in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.