Jo

Darker shade of Blue said:
I know m8 . No hard feelings . Just pulling your leg . :o)
I didn't want to hurt your feelings and throw United back at you :o)

BTW guys .
Don't know if you have heard , but Moyes has just said that there is indeed an option to buy Jo in the deal .

Wow you have really done us over with this deal...

BobKowalski said:
Slight change of topic , but how are you guys feeling about all this money ...?

Well its a burden no question but I think we will man up and struggle on with the tricky business of spending the odd billion on the world's best players...

...I won't lie to you though its keeping me awake at nights with the worry

Seriously though Bob , don't you ever think it's not City anymore , or soon won't be ?

New ground , new owners , new manager , and new team , that soon will unlikely not have any familiar faces left in it from before hand ?
Can you really have the same passion about it all ? Surely it's not just about winning a title by buying it ?

So what your saying is you wouldn't have the same passion if this was happening to your club.
It may not be just about winning but for you to simply say that fans can't have the same passion because we may actually have the chance to win something no matter how it comes about just makes me laugh.
Buying it,the new popular word now we have plenty of cash to splash around it's been bought for the past 20 years and you know it.How much have your club spent in the past 10 years ? before this season I would guess it's way more than us and most of the clubs finishing below you in the table.

Would you STILL have the same passion after not so long ago you had driven the best part of 12000 miles in a season visiting such exotic location as macclesfield wrexham colchester york walsall and a 6 hour drive to bournemouth knowing the drive back with a broken heater in the car would be just dandy on a freezing february.
I was among many who did this each week and I dare say NO other club in this country would have had such loyal support,adding to the fact we hadn't won anything for over 25 years and by the way things were going it looked a lot longer before any more success so no glory hunters at city.Just LOYAL PASSIONATE supporters.
Can you honestly say Everton would average a home gate of 20 thousand never mind 30 thousand if you were playing at the same level as us in 98/99 .I very much doubt it.

So you can shove that comment about passion

This is city whether we are skint or at the moment loaded.

To put it a bit simpler I'm sorry but FUCK OFF with your it aint city no more.you don't know what either passion or loyalty are if you are even saying it to be fair.

Hello City Fans,

Another evertonian here. Actually live in Piccadilly (often go to a local City Pub called The Waldorf, dont know if you know it) Come from the wirral though. Anyway enough with the introduction. I am also from Toffeetalk an everton forum which tends to welcome opposing fans a little better than in here.

I tend to agree with the majority of what has been said in this, i think Jo will do well at everton, i know moyes tried to sign him untill you guys gazumped us with the 18 mill bid. Generally the Moyesiah dordles alot in the transfer market but his signings are usually spot on. And his loan signings have been brilliant, and generally end up with us signing them for real. Tim Howard, Mikel Arteta, Stephen Pienaar to name a few we also tried to sign Manny Fernades but that didnt come off.

I like Man City as a club as they have a bit in common with us toffees, the media prefer the other team in the city, the other team in the city are one of the most succesfull teams in england, we are the peoples club of the city etc etc. I think the City fan who said that only 2 everton players would get in your team needs to be a little more realistic. I can name a few more than that including, Baines, Lescott, Jagielka, Yobo, Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta. I would also like a few of your players although we don't have the money, Micah Richards, Shay Given, SWP, Ireland, Sturridge. I also really rate Michael Johnson but have heard he is battling a drinking problem, also been seen bevvied in 42's.

Anyway i wish you guys luck, i think you may do well in a few seasons time providing there is some stability. Hands off our Arteta and Lescott though.

Thanks for reading.

shootmeifipost10k said:
BobKowalski said:
Slight change of topic , but how are you guys feeling about all this money ...?

Well its a burden no question but I think we will man up and struggle on with the tricky business of spending the odd billion on the world's best players...

...I won't lie to you though its keeping me awake at nights with the worry

Seriously though Bob , don't you ever think it's not City anymore , or soon won't be ?

New ground , new owners , new manager , and new team , that soon will unlikely not have any familiar faces left in it from before hand ?
Can you really have the same passion about it all ? Surely it's not just about winning a title by buying it ?

So what your saying is you wouldn't have the same passion if this was happening to your club.
It may not be just about winning but for you to simply say that fans can't have the same passion because we may actually have the chance to win something no matter how it comes about just makes me laugh.
Buying it,the new popular word now we have plenty of cash to splash around it's been bought for the past 20 years and you know it.How much have your club spent in the past 10 years ? before this season I would guess it's way more than us and most of the clubs finishing below you in the table.

Would you STILL have the same passion after not so long ago you had driven the best part of 12000 miles in a season visiting such exotic location as macclesfield wrexham colchester york walsall and a 6 hour drive to bournemouth knowing the drive back with a broken heater in the car would be just dandy on a freezing february.
I was among many who did this each week and I dare say NO other club in this country would have had such loyal support,adding to the fact we hadn't won anything for over 25 years and by the way things were going it looked a lot longer before any more success so no glory hunters at city.Just LOYAL PASSIONATE supporters.
Can you honestly say Everton would average a home gate of 20 thousand never mind 30 thousand if you were playing at the same level as us in 98/99 .I very much doubt it.

So you can shove that comment about passion

This is city whether we are skint or at the moment loaded.

To put it a bit simpler I'm sorry but FUCK OFF with your it aint city no more.you don't know what either passion or loyalty are if you are even saying it to be fair.

Being over 40 years old , I've been a football fan for long enough not to need a lecture about following a relatively unsuccessful club ( though we've had our moments ) .
Most of the fun comes from winning something , or hoping to win something against all odds . A kid who gets everything they want will , unless guided turn into a spoilt brat , and the excitement at running down the stairs to see if you had a present simply diminishes .

Yes , if the same thing happened to Everton , I would probably not bother , as for me , it's the can we , might we , could we , and have we's that keep my interest .

If someone bought Everton , changed stadium , manager , and players , why on earth would I want to support them ?
It's pretty much the same as wiping the team I love off the face of the planet , and saying ' right ... here's the team we want you to support now ' , say goodbye to the team you had ..... and support this ' club in a can ' .

Graduall introductions , hard work , and blood sweat and tears ... yes .
Removing 130 years of tradition in one fell swoop and replacing it with instant success .... NO THANKS !

Playing at the same level as you ?
Do you even know 'anything' about Evertons history , or do you think we have had it easy since 1878 ?

Oh , and thanks for the ' FUCK OFF ' bit .
That bit reminds me to ignore further posts .
Cheers :o)

Adz09 said:
Hello City Fans,

Another evertonian here. Actually live in Piccadilly (often go to a local City Pub called The Waldorf, dont know if you know it) Come from the wirral though. Anyway enough with the introduction. I am also from Toffeetalk an everton forum which tends to welcome opposing fans a little better than in here.

I tend to agree with the majority of what has been said in this, i think Jo will do well at everton, i know moyes tried to sign him untill you guys gazumped us with the 18 mill bid. Generally the Moyesiah dordles alot in the transfer market but his signings are usually spot on. And his loan signings have been brilliant, and generally end up with us signing them for real. Tim Howard, Mikel Arteta, Stephen Pienaar to name a few we also tried to sign Manny Fernades but that didnt come off.

I like Man City as a club as they have a bit in common with us toffees, the media prefer the other team in the city, the other team in the city are one of the most succesfull teams in england, we are the peoples club of the city etc etc. I think the City fan who said that only 2 everton players would get in your team needs to be a little more realistic. I can name a few more than that including, Baines, Lescott, Jagielka, Yobo, Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta. I would also like a few of your players although we don't have the money, Micah Richards, Shay Given, SWP, Ireland, Sturridge. I also really rate Michael Johnson but have heard he is battling a drinking problem, also been seen bevvied in 42's.

Anyway i wish you guys luck, i think you may do well in a few seasons time providing there is some stability. Hands off our Arteta and Lescott though.

Thanks for reading.

Lets get it straight we did'nt gazumped with an £18m bid, we have only paid between 4-7m thats why we have loaned him out to you guys so wedont have to pay anymore.

Shooter 83 said:
Adz09 said:
Hello City Fans,

Thanks for reading.

Lets get it straight we did'nt gazumped with an £18m bid, we have only paid between 4-7m thats why we have loaned him out to you guys so wedont have to pay anymore.

Interesting .

Being over 40 years old , I've been a football fan for long enough not to need a lecture about following a relatively unsuccessful club ( though we've had our moments ) .
Most of the fun comes from winning something , or hoping to win something against all odds . A kid who gets everything they want will , unless guided turn into a spoilt brat , and the excitement at running down the stairs to see if you had a present simply diminishes .

Yes , if the same thing happened to Everton , I would probably not bother , as for me , it's the can we , might we , could we , and have we's that keep my interest .

If someone bought Everton , changed stadium , manager , and players , why on earth would I want to support them ?
It's pretty much the same as wiping the team I love off the face of the planet , and saying ' right ... here's the team we want you to support now ' , say goodbye to the team you had ..... and support this ' club in a can ' .

Graduall introductions , hard work , and blood sweat and tears ... yes .
Removing 130 years of tradition in one fell swoop and replacing it with instant success .... NO THANKS !

Playing at the same level as you ?
Do you even know 'anything' about Evertons history , or do you think we have had it easy since 1878 ?

Oh , and thanks for the ' FUCK OFF ' bit .
That bit reminds me to ignore further posts .
Cheers :o)[/quote]

I know nothing about your history why would,I shall not be looking it up either.I'm not as interested in your club as your are obviously in ours.You must have spent quite sometime googling I just read you post on the facts and figures of the Kaka deal very and our finances very interestingly boring .

Gradual introductions over how many years is gradual.
How many that played last week were not bought in by your blood sweat and tears building club over the last 3/4 seasons,maybe you will change your stance on watching your team next week.I can think of 7 of the top of my head.howard Lescott jagielka neville baines peenar that bloke with the hair can't spell his name and if you had a fit squad you can add a couple more in yakbu and saha.Plus if you had money to spend a few more would be in there.So there you go all those players pushed on you in 3/ 4 years a bit similiar to what city are going to do over the next 3/4 years build a team and it will be still city,as your team that played last week is still everton.

You say you wouldn't BOTHER.
I'll say the opposite I wouldn't bother were my club stands I will still support it.

And the fuck off was in responce to you questioning a fans loyalty and passion Something after taking your not bothered stance I can fully understand you asking it now.

I'm cut to the bone about the ignore bit.

Shooter 83 said:
Adz09 said:
Hello City Fans,

Thanks for reading.

I didnt realise that you had only paid 4-7 mill. Anyway back to the point of this thread 'JO', not who is better city or everton blah blah blah. I honestly think he will do well at the toffees. Although brazillians have never done well at 'the old lady'. Anderson Da Silva, Juliano Rodrigo, and a few national teams from back in the day have all struggled. Lets hope JO can break this Jinx. As has been said before, we may be doing you a favour as much as you have done us one by lending us a striker. Winners all round

Rushton121 said:
why are the scousers trying to take over OUR forum

THIS IS OUR CITY

it's a forum, and it is a lot more interesting than reading dross from the latest ITK, WUM. It's good to get a take on what's going on at other clubs.

Maybe a visitors forum could replace this forum until the window re-opens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.