Jo!!!

Problem is he's never played the lone striker role and quite simply doesn't look like he will ever master it. His goals in Russia came when he played as 2nd striker to Love. There's a wee clue there Mr Hughes. Get a fecking 2nd striker on and we might see some results!

CityPar said:
Problem is he's never played the lone striker role and quite simply doesn't look like he will ever master it. His goals in Russia came when he played as 2nd striker to Love. There's a wee clue there Mr Hughes. Get a fecking 2nd striker on and we might see some results!

Exactly, Jo is low on confidence as it is and then asking him to play an unfamiliar role is totally bloody stupid.

dannybcity said:
He did nothing wrong on Saturday, linked up with SWP well if you ask me. The problem was a dreadful performance from Robbie making us one dimensional.
We know Robinho didn't play well, and we know why, and what he can do

But Jo was awful full stop, and the substitution of Benjani changed the game. I'll support hm at the ground providing he puts some effort in. he has to learn very quickly as the team is in a difficult situation. I'd prefer Vass or Ched up front, but if Jo starts I wish him all the luck. everyone wants him to do well

I find the criticism of Benjani's game on here remarkable. he was out for a long time, and rusty in his first few games, but in the last fortnight he was beginning to play really well eg Fulham, and at home in first half to Everton. Just our luck that our only fit expereineced striker should get injured at a crucial moment in the season

He's been involved in quite a few of our goals. He's got good awareness but does go missing, and isnt used to the lone strikers role, but theres no way Benjani is better than him. Benjani has the awareness of blindfolded bat and the touch of a retarded pig.

Jo needs time and abit of bulking up. He is only young and he'd get nowhere near the amount of stick had he come through our youth setup. I think it'd be foolish to sell him off so soon.

Mix Benjani and Jo and we'd have a half decent centre forward! Jo's potential is there to see, i'd just like to see him attack the pissing ball for once!!

hes got his chance for xmas so lets hope he does well . A couple against santander might help for west brom

ElanJo said:
..... Benjani has the awareness of blindfolded bat...

Thankfully bats don't rely too much on their sense of sight and rather on sonar.
Does this mean there is hope for our beloved striker?? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.