Joan Roman

Bellers_a_hero said:
Included in the squad for the "Dublin Super Cup" & has obviously shown his talents and impressed coaches in pre season scoring a number of goals from midfield. His movement also looks promising.
Could this mean he gets his opportunity in the team next season - i'm thinking he will, especially if we get some injuries in the middle at any point in the season and with Vieria gone now, it means we have one less midfielder. Fair play to the lad, has progressed an awful lot since joining last year and just being Spanish will also mean he has a lot going for himself.

I hope he gets his chance

But he's not going to be a direct replacement for Vieira, is he?

And besides, his age means he won't be included in the 25 that we have to submit.

Seen him a few times now for the youth team and look very good. Hope he gets a good chance in the first team this year, just to see how he would fair.

His latest tweet is
Just resting to go back training 100% tomorrow! Great signing for #mcfc Sergio Aguero, what a player!! Someone to learn from! take care.

This is also the attitude to have, not worried about new signings, but excited and also looking forward to learn from their experiences.

Let's hope him and Suarez can live up to their potential, as they certainly look extremely promising.

WNRH said:
LoveCity said:
Joan Roman is pure class and has progressed well since coming to England. If he adapts to the physicality and pace of the PL, he'll be a 15m player within 2 years of his first team debut.

Steady on there! I think he will go back to Spain before he hits 21.

It seems you were right my friend.

dan.j.mcfc said:
WNRH said:
LoveCity said:
Joan Roman is pure class and has progressed well since coming to England. If he adapts to the physicality and pace of the PL, he'll be a 15m player within 2 years of his first team debut.

Steady on there! I think he will go back to Spain before he hits 21.

It seems you were right my friend.

To be fair, LoveCity has a blue-tinted view of the youth set-up, and seems to be a bit of a sucker in evaluating their qualities.

Nowt wrong with being optimnistic about the kids...

Nothing wrong with being optimistic I agree, but until they've actually made the break through to the first team its really difficult to judge quite how good they will be. Even then sometimes we get a bit carried away.....Onuoha, Ireland, Michael Johnson etc....

Soulboy said:
To be fair, LoveCity has a blue-tinted view of the youth set-up, and seems to be a bit of a sucker in evaluating their qualities.

Not at all, there are plenty I don't rate - for example Scapuzzi is an absolute waste of a shirt at City. I wrote that in 2011 and Roman was super for our reserve team at the time And we didn't choose to lose him, he refused a new contract and chose to leave to play for Barcelona which he can't be blamed for as their B team is much better to learn in than our EDS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.