Joao Cancelo | On loan at Barcelona

Honestly prefer that approach to be honest. Would love to see us do something similar within the next 2 seasons, a starting lineup with 4 or 5 players promoted from the academy.

I don't think too many are ready to be promoted from the academy for next season, maybe the season after. This is not the best group of EDS players.
Probably don't have to be from this years academy but we have a lot of players on loan e.g. McAtee, Callum Doyle, that could be drafted in to bolster the squad.
Couto or Kabore, although not our academy players, would cost us nothing but are surely good enough to take some of the pressure off the " regular starters " in the domestic cups and some of lower premier league teams.
The worst scenario is that they are proved not good enough at our level but can still be sold on for a decent fee.

Probably don't have to be from this years academy but we have a lot of players on loan e.g. McAtee, Callum Doyle, that could be drafted in to bolster the squad.
Couto or Kabore, although not our academy players, would cost us nothing but are surely good enough to take some of the pressure off the " regular starters " in the domestic cups and some of lower premier league teams.
The worst scenario is that they are proved not good enough at our level but can still be sold on for a decent fee.
we can only name 20 players a match day, how do you convince them not too even bring boots to the stadium 90% of the time.

we can only name 20 players a match day, how do you convince them not too even bring boots to the stadium 90% of the time.
Every team has that problem.
The last match we played we had 2 keepers on the bench, one of them being Carson.
Its my wishful thinking maybe but one or two coming up every season and integrating into the squad wouldn't be a bad thing.
If it was McAtee next season, along with Kabore or Couto I'd be happy to see that.
If they are not capable of fitting in, then so be it and they have had their chance.
Between the last 8 teams in the champions league and this years premier league, I'd say we could supply 2 teams on ex City players alone.

Every team has that problem.
The last match we played we had 2 keepers on the bench, one of them being Carson.
Its my wishful thinking maybe but one or two coming up every season and integrating into the squad wouldn't be a bad thing.
If it was McAtee next season, along with Kabore or Couto I'd be happy to see that.
If they are not capable of fitting in, then so be it and they have had their chance.
Between the last 8 teams in the champions league and this years premier league, I'd say we could supply 2 teams on ex City players alone.
Kabore maybe, Couto doubtful (he has offers from CL teams), McAtee has already done 2 seasons of that with no game time cant see him being happy about it either.

We have 3-4 players at youth level that train with the first team this season and then miss 1st team match day, getting someone who's played week in and out to step back to that? Tricky conversation in this day and age

Kabore maybe, Couto doubtful (he has offers from CL teams), McAtee has already done 2 seasons of that with no game time cant see him being happy about it either
True and can't disagree with you but it annoys me a little when I see Morgan Rogers playing at top level and Palmer, Lavia too.

True and can't disagree with you but it annoys me a little when I see Morgan Rogers playing at top level and Palmer, Lavia too.
Just the level we are at, dont have the time to give 30-50 starts to a rookie when everything counts if we wanna be there end of the season. 5-10 minutes here and there aint gonna cut it.

Kid needs a perfect storm of talent, time and patience to get an opportunity to fill a gap we NEED at that time.

I never saw anything in Rogers to suggest he is anywhere near good enough. That also extends to his time at WBA before he joined us.
He didn’t stand out in our EDS. He’s always wanted to play and he’s improved as he’s gone up the leagues.

Literally the antithesis of Brandon Barker, who was really good for our EDS and then just petered out.

If there was an exact science to how youths develop into players, we’d be top of class in it. Sadly, it doesn’t exist.

He didn’t stand out in our EDS. He’s always wanted to play and he’s improved as he’s gone up the leagues.

Literally the antithesis of Brandon Barker, who was really good for our EDS and then just petered out.

If there was an exact science to how youths develop into players, we’d be top of class in it. Sadly, it doesn’t exist.
No truer words said.
3 out of the 4 champions league semi final teams have our ex players.
Only 3 premier league teams don't have an ex City or current city player on their books ( don't ask me to name them)
The top 6 in the championship could nearly field a full eleven of ex players or lads on loan.

No truer words said.
3 out of the 4 champions league semi final teams have our ex players.
Only 3 premier league teams don't have an ex City or current city player on their books ( don't ask me to name them)
The top 6 in the championship could nearly field a full eleven of ex players or lads on loan.
There’s that stat about Stoke having had ex players in CL semi finals doing the rounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.