Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The swap between Manchester City and Juventus involving Danilo and Joao Cancelo is a done deal. City will pay a fee of €35M and hand the Portuguese full-back Cancelo a contract until 2024 worth €4.5M plus bonuses a year. [@NicoSchira]

Following today’s meeting in London, Juventus and Manchester City have reached an agreement. Joao Cancelo will now fly to England, while Danilo plus €30M will head to Juventus. Negotiation of the final details and completion of the transfer should happen tomorrow. [@DiMarzio]

Looking forward to seeing him play, haven't watched a lot of Juve last season but he got good reviews and had some standout weeks.

The really good thing about Joao is his versatility.

Left sided, right sided

Defender, defensive midfielder

Has the skill set to assist transition to attack the opposition.

Our market now done.

The swap between Manchester City and Juventus involving Danilo and Joao Cancelo is a done deal. City will pay a fee of €35M and hand the Portuguese full-back Cancelo a contract until 2024 worth €4.5M plus bonuses a year. [@NicoSchira]

Following today’s meeting in London, Juventus and Manchester City have reached an agreement. Joao Cancelo will now fly to England, while Danilo plus €30M will head to Juventus. Negotiation of the final details and completion of the transfer should happen tomorrow. [@DiMarzio]

Erm, not over the moon about this. I was even ok with letting Cancelo go to bring in a better fullback, but I have no trust in Danilo. He doesn't seem better than Cancelo on the attacking side and he doesn't strike me as a great defender (an area in which Cancelo was frustratingly lacking, too). That's the reason for the additional 30m I guess.

Well, better this than the Dybala-Lukaku swap at least.

As others have already suggested, we will use Walker as CB at times (when/if necessary). Having so many versatile players makes sure that injuries won't derail the campaign. Happy days.

€30m + Danilo for this guy is daylight robbery. I guess we know where they're getting the de Ligt money from because this makes no sense for them from a footballing perspective.

Erm, not over the moon about this. I was even ok with letting Cancelo go to bring in a better fullback, but I have no trust in Danilo. He doesn't seem better than Cancelo on the attacking side and he doesn't strike me as a great defender (an area in which Cancelo was frustratingly lacking, too). That's the reason for the additional 30m I guess.

Well, better this than the Dybala-Lukaku swap at least.

Tonight’s speculation is that an Eriksen/Dybala scambio is a real possibility. Paratici will have to move sharpish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.