Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how much this deal will likely cost? Sorry too tired to start to check the many pages of this thread.

He's a defender who attacks a lot, so sometimes their colleagues have to track back and compensate. But it's the same with Walker. Altough Walker is a little faster. But Cancelo is also a fast player.

My gut says Cancelo's gonna take Walker's spot fast once he's up to speed with the system.

1) Cancelo is probably just as fast as Walker.

2) Neither are stellar defensively. Walker has mistake in him every game. He just doesn't always get punished.

What's gonna set them apart is the stuff you need for an attacking modern full back — changing positions with midfielders during build up, passing (incl. crosses), and penalty box play.

That's why Cancelo's gonna win out. With ease. Just a humble opinion and prediction.

Last edited:
My gut says Cancelo's gonna take Walker's spot fast once he's up to speed with the system.

1) Cancelo is probably just as fast as Walker.

2) Neither are stellar defensively. Walker has mistake in him every game. He just doesn't always get punished.

What's gonna set then apart is the stuff you need for an attacking modern football — changing positions with midfielders during build up, passing (incl. crosses), and penalty box play.

That's why Cancelo's gonna win out. With ease. Just a humble opinion and prediction.

Walker can also play at center back. He could be an interesting option. With teams that are really fast on counter. Just look at magnificient acrobatic goal line clearance.

No no no. Walker sucks at that. This is why we are buying Cancelo. Walker's pace allows him to stop counters. Full Stop. Thats why he plays so much. Danilo doesn't offer enough to outweigh that part of Walker's game. Cancelo does. He offers better possession retention and an ability to create width going forward. That skill (when compared against what walker brings) DOES in fact outweigh Walker's pace (when we arent playing against the counter) so in those cases we will see cancelo.

more width going forward relative to danilo, not cancelo. i agree he can't cross or beat his man, but he takes up positions danilo doesn't, which in itself gives more space to sterling and de bruyne.

i am by no means walker's greatest fan, and i agree his main asset is his pace. but i'm generally against dropping a player after he's just delivered an 8/10 performance. i would also prefer if cancelo was given time to settle and was not rushed into the team. and there's the fact cancelo is a weaker build than walker and so will take time to adjust to the league's physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.