Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit concerned about the bit in Uffa's post about Cancelo above: "there are rumours that he's also being sold for misbehaving."

I hope his lack of staying at previous clubs is not related to this. We need to maintain squad discipline, harmony etc. As a selling club Juve wouldn't exactly come out with any negatives regarding the player.

I Agree

I mean what does he mean by misbehaving?

Is it a lack of effort? getting into it with Allegri? missing from training because he went to Milan to party àla Aubameyang?

I am a bit concerned about the bit in Uffa's post about Cancelo above: "there are rumours that he's also being sold for misbehaving."

I hope his lack of staying at previous clubs is not related to this. We need to maintain squad discipline, harmony etc. As a selling club Juve wouldn't exactly come out with any negatives regarding the player.

Uffa has proven he has his finger on the pulse. Not surprised that Pep is trying to offload him straight away

I Agree

I mean what does he mean by misbehaving?

Is it a lack of effort? getting into it with Allegri? missing from training because he went to Milan to party àla Aubameyang?

As I said guys these are only rumours. I know nothing more than this though; I don't know which kind of misbehaving they're talking about.
It wouldn't be unheard of though, considering he's a young player who's sustained a big injury in the middle of the season and he's also a player with an attacking flair who was being asked to do more defensive work in which he's not great. He also made big mistakes in the second half of the season and that might have got to him. A lot of our players were displeased with how Allegri made them play last season anyway.

I wouldn't pay much attention to this particular aspect though; in the worst of cases he's a petulant player but he's not a strong disruptive character, so it's something that can be easily fixed by a change of environment/team.

As I said guys these are only rumours. I know nothing more than this though; I don't know which kind of misbehaving they're talking about.
It wouldn't be unheard of though, considering he's a young player who's sustained a big injury in the middle of the season and he's also a player with an attacking flair who was being asked to do more defensive work in which he's not great. He also made big mistakes in the second half of the season and that might have got to him. A lot of our players were displeased with how Allegri made them play last season anyway.

I wouldn't pay much attention to this particular aspect though; in the worst of cases he's a petulant player but he's not a strong disruptive character, so it's something that can be easily fixed by a change of environment/team.

Oh great

Although clearly a right back I read somewhere he played for Portugal at left back and left midfield in recent games, being one footed does not necessarily rule a player out from being effective on both sides.

I'll just say it again. Hes played about a dozen games there out of 200.

Hes not a left back option.

Well it wasn't that terrible, he had to have surgery on his left knee; thankfully he was out from mid December to mid January so he didn't miss too many matches. The thing is that when he got back he didn't perform as well as before. It wasn't due to his physical condition though, it was just his decision-making. It was also probably the whole team performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.