Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sod Maguire. Really, really want Cancelo. Then I will be a happy bunny for the summer.

Incidentally, I agree that people were a little bit too hard on Walker last season (why is it that people need to exaggerate their judgements into hardened extreme positions that simply don't square with what's going on out on the pitch?). But think how wonderful it will be to have hungry players competing for their position, both at LB and RB, next season.

Sod Maguire. Really, really want Cancelo. Then I will be a happy bunny for the summer.
I feel like that too. In an ideal world, we’d add Cancelo and a CB, but if we only get one, i’d prefer it to be Cancelo. We can get by with Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Garcia, Sandler (if he doesn’t go out on loan). But Cancelo gives us another option, something different to what we currently have.

I feel like that too. In an ideal world, we’d add Cancelo and a CB, but if we only get one, i’d prefer it to be Cancelo. We can get by with Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Garcia, Sandler (if he doesn’t go out on loan). But Cancelo gives us another option, something different to what we currently have.
We haven’t got room in the squad for Sandler. Just worry if Laporte where to get injured we would really struggle.

We haven’t got room in the squad for Sandler. Just worry if Laporte where to get injured we would really struggle.

I think outside of Laporte there's a question mark over all of the other options. Stones has been excellent but it seems to come in fits and bursts. I don't think Otamendi is fully trusted there. Garcia and Sandler are largely unproven prospects and I have literally no idea why so many people are keen on using Fernandinho there. One long-term injury to Laporte especially, but also Stones and we won't be in a great position. We turned to Kompany at the end of last season and I think it was his performances that got us over the line, I think we could do with bringing someone in and that is more of a priority to me than a new RB.

Cancelo is more important than Maguire IMO. Cancelo would add a new attacking outlet on the right flank.

Maguire would just add to the depth IMO. However, it looks like we won't be able to get rid of Danilo.

FWIW I think this doesnt need to happen unless we lose Danilo who i rate highly and has never let us down This would therefore just need us to go for CH Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.