Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

'Cancelo remains hopeful of a return to Barcelona, but the Catalan club does not see him as a top priority at the moment.'

Barcelona almost at the 'never wanted him anyway' stage.

Getting €38m for Cancelo would be nearly as good business as getting Gundogan on a free. Turning into a very good window.
The wording of the headline is a bit off to me.

Will City get the €38m fee or will most go to Cancelo to pay his contract up?

Absolutely. The more money we get, the better, but I’m pretty sure the club would have taken a smallish hit on him to just get him out the door.
If the reports are true, City's finances will only benefit whether its a fee + lost wages or just lost wages.....they alone are probably £25 million for the balance of his contract !!

We are certainly building a huge cash reserve and space in the wages budget for the next round of generational investment.

Manchester thanks you Sheikh Mansour.

DELICIOUS !!
Absolutely. The more money we get, the better, but I’m pretty sure the club would have taken a smallish hit on him to just get him out the door.

I have my doubts that move would interest him in the slightest

30 years old, not wanted by his club, the club he was loaned to haven't exactly been keen on making it permanent and seemingly no other good clubs are breaking their backs trying to get him

Seems about a good time for him to pick up that Saudi dough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.