Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cancelo had damaged his reputation in world football to such an extent that otherwise potential suitors now view him as too greater risk to dressing room harmony. Regardless of some of the revisionist assessments on this thread, he was - and probably still is - a top class player and one that the vast majority of City fans valued highly prior to his juvenile hissy fit. However, whatever he did and said (and no-one outside of a small inner circle at the club really knows) was of such magnitude as to turn him into the footballing equivalent of kryptonite! Ultimately, it seems clear that there's no way back. That being the case, if we can recoup any of our outlay on him that's a huge bonus. Otherwise, even if it means offloading a decent player for nothing, let's just get him off the wage bill. At the moment, he's nothing but a huge financial millstone around our neck. Hopefully, the Saudis have more money than sense and take a punt.

Yeah when you do what he did to Pep Guardiola -- basically regarded as the best manager in the world at the moment.. you basically cancel out your own future prospects.

That does not go ignored by anyone else and it is apparently becoming clear that the whole world both hates us but wants to copy us at the same time.

Last edited:
Its got to be an awful feeling for a player to feel "discarded" despite being very skilled. Cancelo is a very talented player who would benefit our club. But - whatever he did (and its all rumor and innuendo), must have been bad and made him expendable. Its unfortunate. But I think Pep has been at this long enough to know when to keep a player and when to let them go. And he knows what makes a stable and "community minded" clubhouse. any one that doesn't buy into the ethic of role player just does not fit on this team. And if you don't bring a positive mentality or complain about the role you play - you're gone. So, good luck Joao. Better find some positivity in your life soon mate or you'll be in MLS sooner than you think.

he had a good thing going here but he crossed some red lines and pep is ruthless with that type of sheit. anything that goes against the collective spirit is a no no for him, thats why not anybody can play for pep, if you are full of yourself, you are out

some Saudi team will bid 20 million before the window ends im sure of it.

Let’s be honest he’s a fantastic footballer one of the very best on his day .
He is. It's such a shame that he spat his dummy out and when that happens under Pep, it's game over. I think his biggest quality in footballing terms is how unorthodox he is and Pep was able to maximise that at times which had many of our opponents floundering to counter it. I still think we missed a trick in the CL Final against Chelsea by not playing him. All the talk was about no Fernandinho or Rodri and shoe-horning Sterling into the side but I also think Cancelo could've played a part in that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.