Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

I was expecting him to walk on a free so his wages off the books and £20 million in the bank is a great deal. Great player on his day, unfortunately they didn't come round often. Like previous posters have said he's gone through some serious shit in his personal life, no ill feelings towards the bloke and I hope he enjoys the tax free money and decent weather in Saudi

It's better than loaning him back to barca on deadline day but £20m from saudi who have money to burn and no restrictions on wages they can offer isn't great money for him. We should be looking at getting £40m, Saudi bought Diaby from villa for £60m this summer.

They're not spending that kind of money now, so it's a deal, talk this morning was £3m.
3m was what the saudi club are getting for selling a player to Roma.

At the end of the day if its 20m, it is what it is. If Txiki sat waiting for 40m and he ends up going nowhere this forum would be calling out Txiki for sitting on his hands. You make the deal, wipe the book value and move on.

3m was what the saudi club are getting for selling a player to Roma.
Fair enough, I'm not that interested so only scan read it.
The end bit of my post that you cut off would suggest they are.
Well they're not spending the amounts they were 12 months ago.

If he's gone great, he didn't fit the City profile, had some good games, but not consistent enough, and always looked like hiding when a game got tough.

Au Revoir.

Fair enough, I'm not that interested so only scan read it.

Well they're not spending the amounts they were 12 months ago.

If he's gone great, he didn't fit the City profile, had some good games, but not consistent enough, and always looked like hiding when a game got tough.

Au Revoir.
They spent £60m on Diaby this window.

They spent £60m on Diaby this window.
Diaby is 25yrs old. He is a forward. He was not unwanted by Villa or pushed out by Villa, like we are trying to get rid of Cancelo. Diaby was only 1 year into his contract. Villa bought him at £51.5M. To be honest, Villa was supposed to sell him at £80+ to the Saudis but they sold cheap. The Saudis got the better end of the deal.

Regarding Cancelo, I would prefer a high fee, but it seems the club is more focused on offloading him to get him off our books and reduce the wage bill.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.