Joao Cancelo | Al Hilal Player

Except that’s not true either, is it?

We agreed to a loan deal with Bayern only a few months ago, and didn’t tell them to pay up or go away, so the evidence clearly demonstrates this isn’t a deal we’d only consider for Barca.

The evidence for your false narrative about Barca getting favourable treatment from City just isn’t there mate.

Garcia ran down his deal, at which point we had no say where he went - so your argument rests entirely on us agreeing favourable payment terms for Torres. Which is true - but we got them to chronically overpay on the fee in return (which Laporta has openly complained about), so I’d hardly say this was us doing them a favour.

We loaned him to Bayern because it was half way through the season and Pep just wanted him out of the dressing room.

We are going into a new season now.

If Pep has decided he is going, we shouldn't be loaning him, we should be washing our hands with him and getting him gone permanently.

We all know if he ends up going Barca on loan, he's going to be on the pre season tour next season playing in the friendly games because Barca don't have a pot to piss in.

The board turned down an offer for Eric Garcia around 15m the season before he left on a free which seemed very odd at the time. Should have just got rid there and then.

Last edited:
Yeah but that was half way through the season so it's a completely different situation.

If Pep has decided he doesn't want him, don't loan him... Just sell him and get some money for him.
And what do you do if no one wants to buy him?

You do realise selling involves a transaction between two willing parties?

We loaned him to Bayern because it was half way through the season and Pep just wanted him out of the dressing room.

We are going into a new season now.

If Pep has decided he is going, we shouldn't be loaning him, we should be washing our hands with him and getting him gone permanently.

We all know if he ends up going Barca on loan, he's going to be on the pre season tour next season playing in the friendly games because Barca don't have a pot to piss in.

The board turned down an offer for Eric Garcia around 15m the season before he left on a free which seemed very odd at the time. Should have just got rid there and then.
"we should be washing our hands with him and getting him gone permanently."

To whom?

No one will spend serious cash on this loon, he never hangs about long enough to warrant it.

Just get him out of the club, we have had some incredible deals over the years but even the best have to take the occasional hit.

I think Pep was right when he said Cancelo's quality was undeniable however I do believe Cancelo has mental \ emotional health issues which he needs professional help to resolve.

I understand he was a teenager in the car accident when his mother was killed ,a traumatic enough event in itself.My uncle was a teenager in the front passenger seat when his Dad was killed in a car accident in the 1950s and he never got over it.

In 2021 Cancelo was on the receiving end of an aggravated burglary having to physically defend himself and his partner and infant child. This must have been another traumatic experience.

I appreciate that for a number of Blue Mooners it's easier to criticise than to praise players (sadly a herd mentality lapping up unproven media comments) but I prefer to remember Cancelo's many quality moments ( that pass to Haaland v Borussia Dortmund - goal of the tournament !) .

Thanks Joao, good luck for the future for you and your family.
CTID

if its not mandatory no point include the option fee.
I would rather make the loan fee 5m pounds plus they pay full salary.

Barca is the last club who would activate an option buy fee in this market unless its cheap as fuck like a tenner.

I think Pep was right when he said Cancelo's quality was undeniable however I do believe Cancelo has mental \ emotional health issues which he needs professional help to resolve.

I understand he was a teenager in the car accident when his mother was killed ,a traumatic enough event in itself.My uncle was a teenager in the front passenger seat when his Dad was killed in a car accident in the 1950s and he never got over it.

In 2021 Cancelo was on the receiving end of an aggravated burglary having to physically defend himself and his partner and infant child. This must have been another traumatic experience.

I appreciate that for a number of Blue Mooners it's easier to criticise than to praise players (sadly a herd mentality lapping up unproven media comments) but I prefer to remember Cancelo's many quality moments ( that pass to Haaland v Borussia Dortmund - goal of the tournament !) .

Thanks Joao, good luck for the future for you and your family.
CTID
Agreed. The earlier trauma is attrocious, if there's a scale of experiences likely to harm in my head, that's very high up it. What I read about Cancelo's 'disruptive' behaviour may as well have been textbook examples of how the effect of trauma on the individual plays out. Pretty mild - but something about it leads to a breakdown in relationships.

Be nice guys. We all live with the threat of it being our turn to get shoved out. A great deal of the mind is wholly occupied in both the collective pretence that this is not the case, and preventing it from happening to us. But it does happen, it could be you, or me, or anyone. It's never about fairness - it's about expediency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.