Jocks objecting to team GB

They feel(as do the Welsh and the FA of Northern Ireland to a lesser extent)that this will lead to calls for a unified recognition and the UEFA can't be trusted(not sure they are far off the mark on that one). UEFA has sent mixed signals, with regards this(including the now famous they want to have their cake and eat it statement,)although I believe due to political pressure they have now said that it will not effect FA status, they view and perhaps the sensible one is that it is not worth the risk for them(at least in part due to the fact, there will be few if any none English players).

DontLookBackInAnger said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
lol. seeing as there won't be any Jocks in the team, they won't be involved anyway! :)
That I think is their point, if they aren't why risk it.

We could let them provide their tins of shortbread biscuits for the ref's half-time cuppa!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
What have the Sweaties got against a team GB in the Olympics? I know they're against the idea but so far I've not heard any reasons why. Anyone?

Because they know that none of em are good enough to get in the fooker.

I'm opposed to it too.
Same as I'm opposed to Wrexham, Cardiff and the like playing in our league.

Sooner the union is split the better.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
What have the Sweaties got against a team GB in the Olympics? I know they're against the idea but so far I've not heard any reasons why. Anyone?

what did you expect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.