Joe Cole

Dribble said:
You never know.

It's been reported that Abramovich promised Terry that he'd make some marquee signings to show his commitment to Chelsea, so apparently they have Pirlo, Aguero and Ribery on their radar and are ready to battle it out with Utd with a £100M war-chest!!

Where this leaves Essien, Obi Mikel, Cole etc remains to be seen......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rlo-Franck-Ribery-Sergio-Aguero.html?ITO=1490

Ancelotti is trying to play a diamond system so I guess the idea is to alternate these players in a midfield:

---------Lampard/Ballack---------
Malouda/Ribery----------Essien/Joe
------------Mikel/Pirlo----------

Though, we'll never get Ribery so Zhirkov would be used as cover for both Left Midfield and Left Back positions.

The main thing is to snap up Aguero. He is every Chelsea fan's top target at the moment. Should he sign, and we add a creative midfielder of the Pirlo mode, we will win the League at quite a canter in my opinion. It's a bit of a cliche but I think a young world class striker and 'creative' midfielder are the missing pieces of the jigsaw, in my opinion. It's promising that reports are suggesting Roman is happy to whip out the Mastercard again.

I would add that Essien signed to a long term deal last season and Mikel has just signed an extension. I don't think they are unhappy.

If we managed to get all three of those players it would just be incredible.

As for Joe to Spurs? Well, Joe is in for contract talks and I'd expect him to stay. I'd hate to see him at Tottenham, but it's possible.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Dribble said:
You never know.

It's been reported that Abramovich promised Terry that he'd make some marquee signings to show his commitment to Chelsea, so apparently they have Pirlo, Aguero and Ribery on their radar and are ready to battle it out with Utd with a £100M war-chest!!

Where this leaves Essien, Obi Mikel, Cole etc remains to be seen......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rlo-Franck-Ribery-Sergio-Aguero.html?ITO=1490
pmsl i wish some journalists could add proper.

Pirlo+aguero+ribery=100million
10+40+81=100million

WTF!!

Apparently Ribery has some kind of Loyalty clause in his contract which comes into force in 2 weeks time and sets his transfer value at £35m. It's been reported all week and that's why Utd have been waiting to pounce and apparently tentative soundings were made when they played Bayern a few days ago.

Ancelotti is trying to play a diamond system so I guess the idea is to alternate these players in a midfield:

---------Lampard/Ballack---------
Malouda/Ribery----------Essien/Joe
------------Mikel/Pirlo----------

Though, we'll never get Ribery so Zhirkov would be used as cover for both Left Midfield and Left Back positions.

The main thing is to snap up Aguero. He is every Chelsea fan's top target at the moment. Should he sign, and we add a creative midfielder of the Pirlo mode, we will win the League at quite a canter in my opinion. It's a bit of a cliche but I think a young world class striker and 'creative' midfielder are the missing pieces of the jigsaw, in my opinion. It's promising that reports are suggesting Roman is happy to whip out the Mastercard again.

I would add that Essien signed to a long term deal last season and Mikel has just signed an extension. I don't think they are unhappy.

If we managed to get all three of those players it would just be incredible.

As for Joe to Spurs? Well, Joe is in for contract talks and I'd expect him to stay. I'd hate to see him at Tottenham, but it's possible.[/quote]

To be honest, Chelsea's squad looks awesome, but we're approaching a world cup year & a lot of those players are going to want regular football, do you honestly think Ancelotti can keep them all happy? We could do with a player like Essien and another creative midfielder to give Ireland some competition, put in a word with RA for us will ya!!! *LOL* :-)

He's a quality player, but he's troubled by injuries most of the time. I think he will end up staying at Chelsea.

Stephane Sessegnon, He plays for PSG, hes 25 years old, and has been compared to Michael Essien by a few pros in the game. Last season he scored 6 goals and had 7 assists, he won PSG player os the year and was in the french leagues team of the year. Hes fast, strong, high energy evels, skillful, a good passer, a good shooter, an all round excellent player. He has consitently performed well in the french league for the last three years and know hes coming into his own.

He also played yesterday against Atletico madrid and won man of the match, including setting up the equaliser for PSG. After the match Ray Parlour also compared him to Michael Essien.

Arsenal are apparently keen on him, and he is belived to cost just £6-£9 MIL! Bargain! considering we are looking at paying more for Delph, who will not be ready to compete for at least 2-3 years, and is also risky to say if he will be good enough to play at the top level.

If we looking to replace Elano, I think we sould look at this player, what do you think?

Dribble said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
pmsl i wish some journalists could add proper.

Pirlo+aguero+ribery=100million
10+40+81=100million

WTF!!

Apparently Ribery has some kind of Loyalty clause in his contract which comes into force in 2 weeks time and sets his transfer value at £35m. It's been reported all week and that's why Utd have been waiting to pounce and apparently tentative soundings were made when they played Bayern a few days ago.
If Ribery has a £35m get out clause then he'll be off to Real Madrid for £35m. There's no way he'll chose United or Chelsea over Madrid.

I heard a sneaky rumour on friday, that we were gonna go in for Cole....in truth I don't think it was strong enough to get excited about.

I'd be shocked if Cole was allowed to leave Stamford Bridge, but I don't think Chelsea will be able to buy Ribery.

Pirlo perhaps - just to add to the aged has beens in their team. Don't agree that their squad is awesome at all. Full of big names, but big names who are past their best, or very close to it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.