Joe Hart (golden glove)

Great stats from the Daily Mail about Joe, the best keeper in the league.

"England finally have a goalkeeper to be proud of. Not only has he saved 105 of 138 shots faced (76 per cent) and conceded only 33 goals, but he has dropped just three of 62 attempted catches and made 27 punches."

If he can master his distribution, I reckon he will stand on the top tier of goalkeepers.

sam the drummer said:
Anyone know who the youngest keeper to win it is? Hart must be around there.

I think Cech was about a year younger when he first won it, and Reina was a few months younger than Hart too.

LoveCity said:

"England finally have a goalkeeper to be proud of. Not only has he saved 105 of 138 shots faced (76 per cent) and conceded only 33 goals, but he has dropped just three of 62 attempted catches and made 27 punches."

If he can master his distribution, I reckon he will stand on the top tier of goalkeepers.

The Times had that same stat. Their statistical analysis rated Joe the second most effective player in the league, and easily the best keeper.

Well done Joe Hart. This achievement is not getting the plaudits it deserves imo.

I can't think of any other goalkeeper in the world that i would rather have than joe hart.

Chick Counterfly said:
LoveCity said:

The Times had that same stat. Their statistical analysis rated Joe the second most effective player in the league, and easily the best keeper.

That's pretty interesting, how did they measure how effective he was? (Who was the most effective?) And where did the second place keeper come in terms of stats?

adrianr said:
Chick Counterfly said:
LoveCity said:

That's pretty interesting, how did they measure how effective he was? (Who was the most effective?) And where did the second place keeper come in terms of stats?

They didn't really go into specifics. It's the usual 'Fink Tank' spiel; they (being three rather clever people) devised a method that incorporates every possible statistic, every event that is measured is put into the context of the result and so on. They use it to predict games and rate players. Previously the top players were Drogba, Cech, Ronaldo (twice). Oddly enough, this year they think it's been Malouda. But in any case, Hart was the only goalkeeper in the top ten. One thing they did mention was that playing well over a lot of games helps. As we have won several games 1-0, Hart's saves could often be said to have won us the game.

LoveCity said:

The most amazing stat there is that we've only conceded 138 shots on target in 37 games. Joe's been great, but it's the guys just infront of him that should take most of the praise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.