Joe Hart to retire at the end of 2023-24 season

Anyone who witnessed Barca away and Dortmund at home knows Joe is a legend -
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better goal keeping performance than those two games
I wouldn't base whether someone is (or isn't) a legend based on 2 games. He was a very good player for us as I said but I still wouldn't class him as a legend.

Watched the FA Cup highlights from the semi against the rags in 2011 the other day. Outstanding save from Berbatov. Decent save from a deflected free-kick.

He was a top drawer goalkeeper and should have got well over 100 England caps.

I wouldn't base whether someone is (or isn't) a legend based on 2 games. He was a very good player for us as I said but I still wouldn't class him as a legend.
Edersen aside - Can you name a better city goalkeeper since Trauttman ? I’d say Joe is a better keeper than Edersen although potentially not a better player

Joe would feature in my legends side of the past 50 years

Edersen aside - Can you name a better city goalkeeper since Trauttman ? I’d say Joe is a better keeper than Edersen although potentially not a better player

Joe Corrigan (although I would add Joe Hart was a great keeper for us and I don’t think he was given a proper opportunity to prove he could play “Pep’s way”

Corrigan. He had a ropey first spell in the first team, eventually being replaced by Keith MacRae. But when he got back in the side (around 1975, IIRC), he was brilliant. He should have won many more England caps than he did; he was unlucky to be around at the same time as Shilton and Clemence.

You can see why Pep decided he wasn’t right -
Despite being one of very best goalkeepers (probably no 1 in my view) his distribution was a weak point and certainly not capable of what city’s keepers since have been capable of
That’s Pep’s genius.

At the time I was one of the Luddites furious that a City hero who’d helped bring us success we hadn’t seen for forty odd years was being ran out of the club to make way for some 2nd rate Spanish keeper who was past his best. I and most others couldn’t see how the game was about to change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.