Joe Hodge

FantasyIreland

Seems he is creating a bit of a stir.....a 16yr old midfield general,currently playing for Ireland u18's and scoring their equaliser earlier today.

Another to soon make the break through?

Seems he is creating a bit of a stir.....a 16yr old midfield general,currently playing for Ireland u18's and scoring their equaliser earlier today.

Another to soon make the break through?
Ireland U19s, not U18s, makes it even more impressive. Saw him against the dippers in the U18 league in October, and that might be the best midfield performance I’ve ever seen at any level. He was absolutely mindblowing that game. Don’t think he misplaced a single pass for 90 mins, won back the ball constantly and beat the dippers high press every time. At times he was surrounded by 3 dippers at once, and he somehow managed to dribble them all or find an amazing pass. Reminds me of Verratti. Just a shame that he’s about 4’3 or something. Very small, not good in the air, but pretty strong for his size. If he was 6ft+ I would be 100% sure he would make our first team.
We have loads of potential future Fernandinho successors/Rodri backups already at the club; Zinchenko, Smith, Palaversa, McDonald, Doyle, Pozo, Gomes and Hodge

Ireland U19s, not U18s, makes it even more impressive. Saw him against the dippers in the U18 league in October, and that might be the best midfield performance I’ve ever seen at any level. He was absolutely mindblowing that game. Don’t think he misplaced a single pass for 90 mins, won back the ball constantly and beat the dippers high press every time. At times he was surrounded by 3 dippers at once, and he somehow managed to dribble them all or find an amazing pass. Reminds me of Verratti. Just a shame that he’s about 4’3 or something. Very small, not good in the air, but pretty strong for his size. If he was 6ft+ I would be 100% sure he would make our first team.
We have loads of potential future Fernandinho successors/Rodri backups already at the club; Zinchenko, Smith, Palaversa, McDonald, Doyle, Pozo, Gomes and Hodge
Cheers.

He may be on the short side but he isnt small.His physique looks strong and he doesnt appear to get intimidated - he looks handy,in every respect.

Besides,our club knows better than most......when has size ever been an accurate barometer?

Cheers.

He may be on the short side but he isnt small.His physique looks strong and he doesnt appear to get intimidated - he looks handy,in every respect.

Besides,our club knows better than most......when has size ever been an accurate barometer?
Look at the video over where he`s celebrating with his teammates, he`s pretty small. Pep said at the end of the season that defending from set pieces was one of our weakest points, and Hodge certainly wouldn`t be able to do much of that unless he grows a lot. Fantastic talent though

Look at the video over where he`s celebrating with his teammates, he`s pretty small. Pep said at the end of the season that defending from set pieces was one of our weakest points, and Hodge certainly wouldn`t be able to do much of that unless he grows a lot. Fantastic talent though
His team mates could be up to 3 years older than him though (I've no idea of the makeup of the Irish squad).

Yep. He's tiny, if stocky. Seen him in person a couple of times and he'd even look small next to David Silva. He looked small even amongst his peers in the academy last season. I'd guess he's 5'3 or 5'4 at the moment, which for a footballer is very, very short. Only young though so if he gains a couple of inches he should be alright. Either way, cracking talent.

I'd say he was 5'5, chose Ireland over England youth I'd imagine due to out dated 1970s attitudes & tactics IE hoof ball over playing football on the ground, so from our point of view that got to be a good thing being taught Football how City expect it to be played, his Dad is a member on this Forum so i'm sure he if wants to update us all & correct all our assumptions he will do.
My opinion has been that 3 academy players would make at least one City Start in the future, I ranked them 1, Harwood-Bellis 2, Hodge & 3, Doyle. though maybe after West Ham game Doyle has moved to the no 2 slot....​

Assist for the winner tonight. Into the semi finals against Portugal. Top lad, well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.